Nice timing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Iran would be dumb enough to outright use a nuclear weapon, as in a ICMB or from an aircraft. But both Iran and N. Korea (especially the latter) would certainly sell one, or the technology to a terrorist organization. Plus, just the fact that they'd have a deployable weapon would give them even more bargaining power then they have now!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tempest
Quote:
I don't think Iran is really that crazy to launch a nuke at Isreal even if they had one. I guess potentially they might get a leader who won't care if Iran gets nuked many times over but I think that's unlikely.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/24274_Irans_Death_Cult_Curriculum

http://www.jewishpolicycenter.org/30/the-world-according-to-mahmoud-ahmadinejad

You may want to reconsider.

Might want to reconsider your sources too.

Second one perpetuates the purposeful mistranslation of a speech.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

Second one perpetuates the purposeful mistranslation of a speech.

Based on what?

Do some research into the 12th Imam.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Please, you are trying to tell us that hackmybadjob didn't wish destruction on Israel?

What did he actually say, versus what your news sources say ?

No he didn't release doves and butterflies, but the popularly quoted quotation is a purposeful mistranslation.

Well, I'm sure Iran or N. Korea could sell a nuke, could they be untraceble doing it?
What would the response be to a terrorist using a nuke from Iran in the US?
I imagine a whole lot of tactical nuclear weapons used to put Iran in the stoneage for a long time... Plus anything that even looked like a munitions factory, let alone a nuclear facility would be destroyed as they built the forms for the foundation for years to come... I'd think the leaders of Iran would come to the same conclusion, and riding around on horseback makes it tough to spread their ideology.

If N. Korea got caught selling nukes it would be a bit stickier, what would China do if the US did air strikes in N. Korea? I don't know, probably nothing but things wouldn't be friendly...

I think Iran will never have nuclear weapons as long as Isreal is backed up by the US anyways.

(I should know better)

This is silly. Iran has resources and a functional society ..much as we'd be led to believe otherwise. They're not going to destroy that ...at any cost. They've got something to lose. Any seeking of nuke capability is to either gain leverage or get out from under leverage that stifles their "advancing their interests" ..which as about as much to do with ideology as Halliburton has to do with the Pope. If we've learned anything over our recent history it's that ideologies are for population management while you're maneuvering from the chairs of your board of directors ...central committee ..or oligarchy of clerics.

NK, OTOH, is falling apart and it's obvious that the saber rattling is to get yet one more extension in retaining power. There an ideology is falling short of cashing the checks that it writes. Now that China is fully in bed and $whipped, NK has no assured fostering by the giant that was its protectorate in the past. We've seduced them (coming back to my notion that our last fleecing was a strategic maneuver in future avoided costs in terms of "our interests")

So, buy the joker off and get on with business.

There should be a world war to lower the population to make all the people who worry about over population happy.
There should be a world war to help with global warming.
There should be a world war to get the worlds mind off of the depression and who was cause.
I really do not mean any of what I posted .

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Please, you are trying to tell us that hackmybadjob didn't wish destruction on Israel?

What did he actually say, versus what your news sources say ?

No he didn't release doves and butterflies, but the popularly quoted quotation is a purposeful mistranslation.

You keep saying that. Educate me

Don't be an idiot. You said it. You prove it.

("The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time".)

Quote:
One may wonder: where did this false interpretation originate? Who is responsible for the translation that has sparked such worldwide controversy? The answer is surprising.

The inflammatory "wiped off the map" quote was first disseminated not by Iran's enemies, but by Iran itself. The Islamic Republic News Agency, Iran's official propaganda arm, used this phrasing in the English version of some of their news releases covering the World Without Zionism conference.

I suppose you would say Fox news made it up?

You've got to understand Iranian media. There was an image on the front page of the National Inquire. It was either a human infant that resembled a pig ..or a piglet that resembled an infant. My in the belt way friend said that Tehran newspapers would put the same image on the front page and proclaim "Living proof that Americans have sex with animals".

I would say that aljazeera actually does a pretty decent job. Naturally not popular here ..but then again, ours is entertainment ..even legally defined as entertainment ..which brings us back to the piglet thing. We just put lipstick on them
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back