NGK spark plug wires......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to upgrade the wires that are currently on my car. Car is a 1992 Nissan 240sx.

The only places I can find NGK wires for my car do not carry black(not sure if they even exist), and I can't find them for cheaper than $65 or so shipped.

Sorry for the dumb question, but I was wondering if anyone knew where I coulf score a set of black NGK spark plug wires for my car. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

As stated, NGKs always are blue, doesn't matter the make/model.

Also don't expect much from "performance" wires, unless your old ones are worn out, you shouldn't notice a difference in a non-highly modified car.

NGKs are just quality OEM wires and not a real "upgrade".

Bosch parts + Japanese cars =
nono.gif

Yeah, I'm not expecting anything drastic. But the wires I have are the original OEM and my car is a '92 with over 215,000 miles, so I would assume anything I get in there will make at least a little difference.

I basically was going with the NGK wires because I have heard they tend to be the best for the Nissans. They are known to have very nice fit and not have many quality control problems.

I have seen cars with a lot of power running NGK copper plugs and NGK wires, so I just assumed if they could provide enough spark for a high-powered vehicle, then they should be plenty for my little car.

But honestly the fact that they are all blue totally turns me off! I don't think I would be able to live with blue wires on my car. lol

Thanks for all the help fellas.

I run NGK copper V-groove and NGK wires on my Mazda and am very happy with them. The blue matches my blue car also.
grin.gif

I do believe someone mentioned Denso were black, I'd check into those as they are an OEM for Nissan. I remember my Mom's '92 NX1600 had black wires that were Sumitomo IIRC. So you should be able to find some that are quality and black.

Wow! With 215k miles you might see an improvement with $15 wires from the local auto store even.

quote:

Originally posted by AcuraTech:
Bosch parts + Japanese cars =
nono.gif

Yet 3 prong NGK plugs were OE fit in my 91 BMW! I guess it works OK the other way around!

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back