NGK plugs made in USA?!

I question how Toyota and NKG can find enough employees to pass a drug test. WV has been hit hard with the Oxycontin addiction. There is plenty of workers, just hard to get enough that can pass. Over on the eastern side, P@G built a huge plant on I-81. Amazon put in a large dist center and McKesson built a large dist. center. They all are having a hard time filling their positions. Trex HQ is in Winchester, Va. They are begging for workers. Out here 45 miles from the plant, they will start you at $20 an hr plus benefits, pick you up and bring you home after work. That is good money for around here for unskilled young people. A young guy out of HS was helping a roofer put a roof on my garage was complaining about only making $10 per hr. He lived with his father. I told him about this opportunity with Trex. He said yeah the bus picks up in front of his house but he didn't want to do that. Then stop complaining AH.
Can you tell I'm an old guy?lol

Even though it looks close, there is no direct way to get there. That vacant area between the two plants is a huge mtn range. They have to go down to Charleston and west on I-64. Your Beckley is a ghost town full of drug addicts....Sad.
Yes, that's what I've been told. I have never experienced the drug addicts on past visits but that does seem to be the reputation. I suppose you can find anything you want anyplace you go if you go looking.

As for the plant locations... I agree. There's no straight path between the facilities but I'm sure someone knew that when the locations were selected. I doubt one had anything to do with the other in the grand scheme of things.

Here is the view from Turkey Spur overlook at Grandview State Park... literally my former backyard. I'll take this any day of the week and twice on Sunday. After all, it's Almost Heaven.

Turkey Spur.jpg

NGK has a factory in WV.

They mostly make V-Powers, and also OE plugs for US-made cars made nearby.
When I said "junk" I meant my assessment of the engineering+ design.

U.S.A. V-power were always put together well and nestled in their little boxes with those little cardboard or plastic tubes slipped over the threads preventing the GND strap from getting smashed.

Ten years ago I bought some Denso TT's for my for Ford Ranger for the waste-spark coil system, and I was pretty disappointed how shoddy they were - I actually had to rework them under the lab microscope.

Ford 2.3L/140cu in -

ir TT denso.jpg

Back