NFL 's biggest name that is drawing ratings- Taylor Swift

Overkill: I enjoy your posts immensely. You're smart and work in a demanding industry.
Your command of language is right up there.

Please reread that MW quote and see if you agree with me in that it's a mishmash of several thoughts at best.
That's because those are excerpts from the interview, strung together into a single statement. I think they are a bit more cogent/coherent in their original context, but less succinct.

I think the general point is that people in the bubble of billions that is entertainment, many of them are born into that life (he wasn't) and haven't the faintest clue as to what it's like to live like the majority of Americans. Even those that weren't, unless they really endeavor to stay grounded, they fall out of touch with that. Ergo, suggesting how Average Jane or Joe should vote or act, when asked to expand on "why", it often becomes a "let them eat cake" moment, just totally clueless.

This disconnect produces some interesting "bloopers". Leo telling us he experienced "Global Warming" when inadvertently being in a Chinook. Oprah's recent Hawaii charity fiasco, Liam Neeson, whose career is literally based on the prolific use of firearms, being vehemently and vocally anti-gun. And of course, some of them are just clearly nuts, hence Scientology and the Paltrow candles.

When the folks with private jets and yachts congregate in an orgy of excess and then put out a statement that we need to use less gasoline to get to work and should use less gas to heat our homes while they'll continue to use and abuse with impunity, it does nothing but breed resentment.

I expressed my opinion. Isn't that the point of a message board? Besides....her viewpoints are often expressed......influencing many. So yes, they are up to debate.
Notice how I didn't diminish it but stated it's not really relevant and IMO it's not, girls listening to her music aren't going to have an opinion on western politics involving foreign powers or starving children. They might have it about social issues at home but they are more heavily influenced by their family and culture on that then one female singer. I am certainly not basing my opinions off of Keanu Reeves even though he is the best human I can think of right now. To continue with what @OVERKILL stated;

If people need to get their facts & opinions from a celebrity then they aren't really debatable since they have no value. It's a little tone deaf to hear anyone with immense wealth/fame talk about child hunger or homeless people or heck any topic honestly involving money. At least she seems to want others to benefit from her success. That is something very rare today.

Last edited:
Whether it be Taylor, Beyonce or any of the female singers who perform live. Although a typical horny male, those ladys throwing their hoochies in your face, I have zero respect.
Meanwhile every mom in America was having hot flashes when he was on stage at the Superbowl and it was OK. :ROFLMAO:

adam-levine-maroon-5-super-bowl-halftime-show-2019-1549244889.jpg

Back