Those pics look like they could be desktop backgrounds

+1

So great pictures!!!

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: Dylan1303
Those pics look like they could be desktop backgrounds

+1

So great pictures!!!

Lots of places tucked into little coves …

That is beautiful!
thumbsup2.gif

It is a beautiful province. I spent several summers there as a child split between St. Johns and Cornerbrook. We explored Gros Morne, did some whale watching...etc. One of my father's students brought over a bag of fresh-off-the-boat lobster that we cooked up one night. Lots of very fond memories.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
It is a beautiful province. I spent several summers there as a child split between St. Johns and Cornerbrook. We explored Gros Morne, did some whale watching...etc. One of my father's students brought over a bag of fresh-off-the-boat lobster that we cooked up one night. Lots of very fond memories.

I was born in Cornerbrook but was raised in Ontario. My Grandmother lives in Deer Lake. Last summer was my first trip into Gros Morne. It is a must see place to go and if anyone here goes to Gros Morne make sure you go to Earls Restaurant.. They have Moose Burger, Moose Pie, Moose sandwitches and great fish n chips.

Originally Posted By: Scrum67
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

I was born in Cornerbrook but was raised in Ontario. My Grandmother lives in Deer Lake. Last summer was my first trip into Gros Morne. It is a must see place to go and if anyone here goes to Gros Morne make sure you go to Earls Restaurant.. They have Moose Burger, Moose Pie, Moose sandwitches and great fish n chips.

I was cooking up some moose last week
wink.gif
My kids love wild game, so we try to eat it as frequently as possible. We were in Newfoundland for 4 consecutive summers: 1988 through 1992 IIRC. My dad always made sure to make an adventure out of the trip so we'd see Quebec City, Fredericton (where he taught for a period and where my sisters were born), Halifax, Cape Breton...etc. We did the Fort Louisbourg thing, ate like settlers (that was amazing) as well as the Bluenose museum...etc. Then we'd take the ferry over to Newfoundland. The first few times the Caribou was brand new, fresh in service, and the old ferry, the George Hamilton Grey was the staple. It was significantly smaller and often meant a less than enjoyable ride depending on the weather. I remember on the one trip we had the Grey on some rather rocky seas and I was the only one in my family who had taken gravol. Everyone was sick except me, LOL!

A few years later, when we moved down east (1994/1995) and went to PEI, we noticed that the ferry now servicing alongside the bridge was none other than the George Hamilton Grey! It had been retired from the Newfoundland route and put into service on that much shorter one.

When my dad was teaching at Memorial he became fast friends with a couple of his students both of which were mature students that were older than him. When he was teaching outside of the summer period there, and we were back in Ontario at school, he boarded with the one. She was/is a wonderful person and still a good friend of the family. She was the one that brought over the garbage bag of fresh lobsters that I mentioned in my earlier post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back