Newcartestdrive : 2012 KIA Rio : 36m.p.g. overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
nice. Cute little car. Glad to see that stuff like 4-wheel disc are trickling down.

But $18k for all those doodads is a bit much...

I'd rather have rear drums on an econobox. Less drag. Size things right and they'll stop fine.

What would kill the deal for me, is that pwr windows and locks are not available on the base model with a manual tranny and/or the upcscale model is not available with a manual transmission.

Originally Posted By: Hermann
What would kill the deal for me, is that pwr windows and locks are not available on the base model with a manual tranny and/or the upcscale model is not available with a manual transmission.

Heh... yup. Same here. I'm surprised the base version doesn't include holes in the floor so that you can paddle with your feet. I mean, if the customer wants a manual trans, he must want everything else manual, too...

You can get power windows/locks with the LX when you add the power package for $1000.

Nowhere have I found though if cruise is on the LX.

I could care less for power windows really, as it is another thing to break in 20 years... But the fact that you cant get MT across the board is just plain stupid...

Wow, no MT available on higher trim levels. Deal-breaker for me. Just because I like to row my own gears doesn't mean I want to wind my own windows.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Wow, no MT available on higher trim levels. Deal-breaker for me. Just because I like to row my own gears doesn't mean I want to wind my own windows.

I hate it when Hyundai/Kia does that. They always exclude MT on higher trims.

Originally Posted By: odie
http://www.newcartestdrive.com/review-intro.cfm?Vehicle=2012_Kia_Rio&ReviewID=5023 .
I never have anything nice to say about Kia or Hyundai, but in this case I have to say that I admire the engineering that went into making this car cheap, simple, and fuel-efficient while meeting modern crash-test standards. Of particular interest is the "start-stop" (or FAS in hypermiler terms) system that turns the motor off when its not needed.

I love this hatch. I hope they drop a turbo in it with the 6 speed.
THAT would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back