New Winter OC Combo

Tomorrow I'm changing the oil in my 2018 Silverado 3500 with 6.0L gasser. 112k miles on the clock.

I have been running RL 5w30 this past summer, but with cold temps upon us here in Northern Indiana, I decided to try 0W30. And just for the fun of it, I'm benching my usual Royal Purple filters and I'm going to run a Fram Racing... I'm hoping the higher flow characterics of this filter outweighs the lower filtering efficiency.

Attachments

• PXL_20221202_015249043.jpg
    PXL_20221202_015249043.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 33
I have been running RL 5w30 this past summer, but with cold temps upon us here in Northern Indiana, I decided to try 0W30.
Excellent choice on the Red Line 0W-30. But if you like Red Line, then you'll be blown away by HPL SuperCar 0W-30.

And just for the fun of it, I'm benching my usual Royal Purple filters and I'm going to run a Fram Racing... I'm hoping the higher flow characterics of this filter outweighs the lower filtering efficiency.
Live life on the edge! Oil filters are overrated anyway.

Tomorrow I'm changing the oil in my 2018 Silverado 3500 with 6.0L gasser. 112k miles on the clock.

I have been running RL 5w30 this past summer, but with cold temps upon us here in Northern Indiana, I decided to try 0W30. And just for the fun of it, I'm benching my usual Royal Purple filters and I'm going to run a Fram Racing... I'm hoping the higher flow characterics of this filter outweighs the lower filtering efficiency.
This outweighs the lower filtering efficiency are you really sure what tests are you basing this on?

I hope you’re just trolling. Even in NW Indiana there’s only been one time in my life that it’s actually been cold enough to need a 0wXX weight oil, and that was in 1994. Same with the filter, you’ve been on this board long enough to see discussions of positive-displacement oil pumps.

I don’t want to ruin it, but you’re not going to see any difference from your prior maintenance.

I hope you’re just trolling. Even in NW Indiana there’s only been one time in my life that it’s actually been cold enough to need a 0wXX weight oil, and that was in 1994. Same with the filter, you’ve been on this board long enough to see discussions of positive-displacement oil pumps.

I don’t want to ruin it, but you’re not going to see any difference from your prior maintenance.
I think I heard me truck whisper "Thank You, Dad" when I started her this morning. The 0w30 and uncollapsable high-flow oil filter was just what the doctor ordered this morning when the temp guages were reading -9F.....

Back