New Windshield and New Wiper Blades

I have to agree with @hrv I got sick of the aftermarket after Trico changed their conventional frame (old one created tension in the middle of the blade), nothing would work. I gave up and asked the Honda dealer parts dept what they had. And when I compared the old aftermarket and the Honda frame.. It has the same "kink/check mark" design in the middle that Trico did have and worked fine on the civic! That created tension in the middle of the blade, pushing the blade down more than just a straight across frame. And creates a perfectly clean wipe, no chattering, no streaking.. perfect!! and.. The price wasn't that much more than aftermarket! It was about $14, where the trico was $10. What's also nice is that the rubber is replaceable!! for like $5! For years I had stayed away from the Honda dealer for wiper blades.. looks like things have changed!
I swear by the dealer inserts for Toyotas. Cheap and last 2-3 years. I'm just sad my wife's Subaru dealer doesn't have inserts and you have to buy the whole blade. Went with upper quality NAPAs and they're decent for aftermarket but after only a year worse than my two year old Toyota blades.

When Ford switched all of their universal blades to the beam type, we had issues with older Panther chassis cars using them. I first noticed it on my mom's old 00 Grand Marquis. Switching out the arms fixed it.
The $20 per pair specials with the wear dot that were actually rebranded Valeo blades were the best IMO

I fought chatter with the Fusion/Milan until I found out the factory Japan NWB blades work best

The $20 per pair specials with the wear dot that were actually rebranded Valeo blades were the best IMO

I fought chatter with the Fusion/Milan until I found out the factory Japan NWB blades work best
I miss those. The new Premium Flat universal ones are meh. I hate selling them unless I have to. I usually try to sell the OE fit blades whenever possible.

Unrelated, there is no valid reason why I should have to stock this many wipers. And this isn't including the display I have on the retail counter.

FullSizeR.jpg

I swear by the dealer inserts for Toyotas. Cheap and last 2-3 years. I'm just sad my wife's Subaru dealer doesn't have inserts and you have to buy the whole blade. Went with upper quality NAPAs and they're decent for aftermarket but after only a year worse than my two year old Toyota blades.
ya I stayed away from the Toyota blades for my scion back in the day, too soft.. But things change! I'll have to see how the Toyota ones are now, probably changed for the better. I know it's odd how I just fell into staying with the aftermarket forgetting all about the dealer! Kept thinking the price was so much more, when the aftermarket is the ones who really raised their prices a lot!

ya I stayed away from the Toyota blades for my scion back in the day, too soft.. But things change! I'll have to see how the Toyota ones are now, probably changed for the better. I know it's odd how I just fell into staying with the aftermarket forgetting all about the dealer! Kept thinking the price was so much more, when the aftermarket is the ones who really raised their prices a lot!
Yeah, unless you get a great sale deal, dealers often aren't much more (sometimes less) for a lot of parts.

I don't know who actually makes them, but ACDelco Professional/Gold "hybrid" wiper blades are great. I've had some on my 97 Explorer for at least a year and I am not easy on wiper blades/ice scrapers.

Back