New Windshield and New Wiper Blades

Could be the springs in the arm have weakened over time.. You could slightly bend each arm in little by little to get more pressure on the glass..

Last edited:
I would try and wipe the blades with either a really good glass cleaner, or rubbing alcohol. If that doesn't work see if you can have them try a differen't set.

I ran the GM part number through eBay. They're available but pricy. I'll replace them if you guys think it will solve the issue. The original arms look fine, but I don't know if the spring tension is as strong as they were when they were new.

Last edited:
Since 2004 I have used OEM Honda Wipers...Just get the refill for them and have worked great for me..even the newer beam type have replaceable inserts....
I have to agree with @hrv I got sick of the aftermarket after Trico changed their conventional frame (old one created tension in the middle of the blade), nothing would work. I gave up and asked the Honda dealer parts dept what they had. And when I compared the old aftermarket and the Honda frame.. It has the same "kink/check mark" design in the middle that Trico did have and worked fine on the civic! That created tension in the middle of the blade, pushing the blade down more than just a straight across frame. And creates a perfectly clean wipe, no chattering, no streaking.. perfect!! and.. The price wasn't that much more than aftermarket! It was about $14, where the trico was $10. What's also nice is that the rubber is replaceable!! for like $5! For years I had stayed away from the Honda dealer for wiper blades.. looks like things have changed!

Soft Cars you may consider Rain X windshield washer fluid cleaner with the Rain X in it. I have used that one that rated to -20F and it works fantastic. And at night it makes the rain wisk away easily above 40 mph on my old old windshield and it makes the rain drops translucent therefore it's even easier to see out of the windshield because of that.

I have to agree with @hrv I got sick of the aftermarket after Trico changed their conventional frame (old one created tension in the middle of the blade), nothing would work. I gave up and asked the Honda dealer parts dept what they had. And when I compared the old aftermarket and the Honda frame.. It has the same "kink/check mark" design in the middle that Trico did have and worked fine on the civic! That created tension in the middle of the blade, pushing the blade down more than just a straight across frame. And creates a perfectly clean wipe, no chattering, no streaking.. perfect!! and.. The price wasn't that much more than aftermarket! It was about $14, where the trico was $10. What's also nice is that the rubber is replaceable!! for like $5! For years I had stayed away from the Honda dealer for wiper blades.. looks like things have changed!
Also the Honda inserts come with a graphite coating to keep them running smooooth on your glass...

Also the Honda inserts come with a graphite coating to keep them running smooooth on your glass...
good to know!! I thought I saw something shiny on the rubber, was so happy it was cleaning well the first pass I forgot to look again at the blade! lol.. thanks for mentioning that!

good to know!! I thought I saw something shiny on the rubber, was so happy it was cleaning well the first pass I forgot to look again at the blade! lol.. thanks for mentioning that!
Yup you dont want to wipe that off..I have been told that when installing new inserts clean the windshiled glass real good and run your wipers for about 10 seconds dry...this will spread some of the graphite on the glass...

What are you using to clean the windshield? Does the cleaner contain ammonia?

I use any car glass cleaner without any ammonia....It will say safe for tinted windows on the bottle...right now I am using Invisible Glass.

Back