New vehicle bug bit me again

That’s pretty good. What’s your commute like?

That’s 1-2 mpg better than my Genesis. I’m also not a slow driver though.

They worry about so many things and yet they don't have a vaccine for this?

Ha! I assume you mean the new car bug... I was bitten by one at 16 years old and never recovered. If I keep a car for 6 months it's impressive, a year is outstanding. Granted, I'm not buying NEW vehicles, but different ones. I just can't drive the same thing for years and years.

Ha! I assume you mean the new car bug... I was bitten by one at 16 years old and never recovered. If I keep a car for 6 months it's impressive, a year is outstanding. Granted, I'm not buying NEW vehicles, but different ones. I just can't drive the same thing for years and years.

I haven't had the New bug for 14 years and that was a truck. My 16 year old Toyota Corolla seems to be doing just fine at almost 142K miles. Knock on wood.

In my whole life time I've had 6 new ones. The least amount of time I owned a purchased new vehicle was 4 years. I must have high immunity to this disease.

Reactions: JTK
That’s pretty good. What’s your commute like?

That’s 1-2 mpg better than my Genesis. I’m also not a slow driver though.

My work commute is from the ski areas ~30min south of Buffalo NY to Niagara Falls NY. It's mostly 55-65MPH highways, lots of hills and curves with some surface streets and about 4 signal lights for the whole 40 miles each way. You can make it ideal from a MPG standpoint, especially at 3am when I'm on my way in for a day shift.

Let's see, been "adulting" (out of college and full time work) for 20 years now. 2 new vehicles and one new enough to count IMO. I went 4 years, 10 years and now 6+ since buying a new one, although 4 years ago I bought a beater.

I'm constantly looking on CL for what might be found but I hold off on buying anything. So I'm guessing I don't have this particular bug. I get my kicks watching others "suffer", though. ;) Some of you have some pretty impressive machines.

Let's see, been "adulting" (out of college and full time work) for 20 years now. 2 new vehicles and one new enough to count IMO. I went 4 years, 10 years and now 6+ since buying a new one, although 4 years ago I bought a beater.

I'm constantly looking on CL for what might be found but I hold off on buying anything. So I'm guessing I don't have this particular bug. I get my kicks watching others "suffer", though. ;) Some of you have some pretty impressive machines.

LOL You are the man!

I'm about 10yrs older. I'd have to sit down and think about all the vehicles I've owned. A fraction of which were brand-new. Some dudes like golf, fishing, hunting, etc..etc.. My thing is a new vehicle every 2-3yrs. I use little cash per transaction, but always have that ~$400/mo payment. Not financially smart, but cheaper than other addictions.

Second full tank of gas yielded me 20.1mpg average over the tank. Got 492.4 miles out of 24.5 gallons.

The dash readout indicated 21.6mpg avg.

About 300 miles worth was running around town, ~12-25 miles round trips, mostly with MDS off and romping on it atleast once per trip when the opportunity arose. The rest was my work commute. My work commute consistently levels out to 23mpg.

Second full tank of gas yielded me 20.1mpg average over the tank. Got 492.4 miles out of 24.5 gallons.

The dash readout indicated 21.6mpg avg.

About 300 miles worth was running around town, ~12-25 miles round trips, mostly with MDS off and romping on it atleast once per trip when the opportunity arose. The rest was my work commute. My work commute consistently levels out to 23mpg.
I really need to drive nicer, my last tank was 15.5 😅

Attachments

• 6EA3E33E-7413-4376-B66D-44BC313A9391.jpeg
    6EA3E33E-7413-4376-B66D-44BC313A9391.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 21
newer trucks are too $$$ as well as most being 4 doors i find them toooo big for my needs. i was satisfied with my 2008 4 banger colorado LS standard cab 4 wd, but at only 50 thou ice + a tree totaled it. not wanting a modern tank or any slush box, i found a nice but overpriced 2011 Nissan Frontier King cab SV 6 spd manual + 28 thou on it a few years ago + love it, good power + average 18 mpg, mostly short + local driving being retired. bought truck without payments as generous 10G from insurance + 8 more + taxes etc. IMO the frontier is the best value even today for a med-large 4 WD pickup!! still lo tech with NO DI until the newest ones i believe!! if you got it $$$$ spend it, you cant take it with you!! spend on good nutrition + keep fit to enjoy + dont get as big as todays trucks because overweight will slowly KILL you!!!

Back