New truck or keep old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have mentioned your best choice financially is almost always going to be to keep what you have and budget for any potential repairs. That being said if reliability concerns are your main issue I'd take a good look at the Toyota Tundra. As far as I know that truck is the leader in the reliability department.

Originally Posted by Env1ous
Originally Posted by jeepman3071
It's hard to base decisions like this on what "could" happen, assuming the truck has been reliable. There are many ecoboosts with high mileage and very little issues. Is the truck paid for? The Ram with the 5.7 is a nice truck for sure, but I wouldn't shell out all that money unless its something you really want instead of just buying it to hopefully worry less.

It is hard to base off of the "what ifs" I blame being in IT for that lol. Always gotta predict and be very cognizant of anything that can/may/will happen and do everything to prevent it to minimize downtime. (or shop time lol).
I had an 08 ram with the 5.7 and the engine was great. But the trans was really the pain point. It would always hunt for gears and in the mountains that was not fun. The truck is not paid for. But due to truck sales in CO I would come out with some cash in hand if i sold private party. Thank you I do see where you are coming from!

Makes sense, I also work in IT.
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back