New Toyota Oil Filter Media

Toyota moved production to Thailand and cheapened the product from what I could see and Denso changed their filter line up completely by changing to china and the media very disappointing compared to what they were
Toyota oil filters have been produced in Thailand for at least 10 years?

Toyota moved production to Thailand and cheapened the product from what I could see and Denso changed their filter line up completely by changing to china and the media very disappointing compared to what they were
In what way did Toyota cheapen its filters? What did you see to indicate that? How were you able to determine that Denso changed its media?

Toyota oil filters have been produced in Thailand for at least 10 years?
I have worked in the same place for thirty years and we have used Toyota and Denso filters for a long time. When toyota moved production hey didn't even look of feel the same just cut one open and the Japan filters were way better made even just visually. The old Denso media used to look like a depth type media where as the new china made ones are just plain paper people used to boast about the denso media on here all the time not any more.
Denso is Toyota.
I am well informed they own Denso but the filter lines are completely different these days.

I work the parts counter at a Toyota dealer.
The orange media started appearing around the beginning of the year.
I havent seen any apparent changes to the filters other than the media color.
Still made in Thailand by Denso, still identical construction to what they have looked like for the last decade.

I dont have any data to back this up, but I'm wondering if the orange media is higher efficiency.
It would make sense to have better media since many of the newer platforms are using turbo engines.

Back