New tool thread

Originally Posted by Astro14
Originally Posted by R1jake
Just picked up a couple new makita tools, first the brushless reciprocating saw the xrj05 and then the brushless impact XWT08Z which is the big dog. Both amazing tools. The impact wrench is unbelievably powerful to the point it either breaks or removes everything.

I've got several of the 18v LXT tools, including drill, driver, oscillating multi-tool, reciprocating saw, string trimmer, leaf blower, and yep, an impact.

I got the XWT14Z. A really impressive tool. Smaller than my 1/2" drill. Very compact. A ton of power. Runs all day on one battery.

Makita makes really great cordless tools.

The XWT14Z is a great little gun and my go too for most things, no larger than the 1/4" model when you attach a square drive adapter and only 4lb with battery, you can use it all day. The tapered pin instead of a ring is an improvement I would like to see on more small impacts.

Here is my new tap extension tool from Amazon. It's 10 inches long and is good for cleaning threads if you find you spin a bolt while tightening up an oil pan. At only 85-100 inch pounds required sometimes you can clean the threads and do a poor boy cut to get then to hold that small amount of torque. It can ratchet in both directions and has a T bar. Less than 20 bucks from Amazon.
smile.gif

78FA56AD-279D-4F69-9D3B-3DD39B5B4327.jpeg

Last edited:
I bought this on Amazon to complete a tool set for AC repair.
"Wisepick R1234yf Compressor Oil Dye Injector with Snap Quick Coupler R-134a System 1/4" SAE Scale Refillable Line 2 OZ Hand Turn Screw." I have vehicles using R12, R134, and r1234yf. So it will be a good tool to have.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

While doing some work at my family's generator shop, I noticed this really trick Snap On 1/2" drive, short, flex ratchet in my brother's office. I asked how much it was. He replied 180 bucks. I went WOW! A week or so later I needed exactly that tool to remove the drivers seat from my dad's Tahoe in order to replace the Cushion. Worked mint. When Monday rolled around, I jumped on the truck and got my own.

Originally Posted by Astro14
Those are beautiful. I've got a standard set of Williams ratcheting combo wrenches. 1/4" to 1". They're very nicely made.

Thanks. They're very nice, a bit on the thick side though. I bought the combo version with the fixed head as well. Well worth the money.

Does a knife qualify as a tool?

If so, I got this Morakniv 8.1" blade multi-purpose knife, primarily to take on camping trips because it comes with a sheath.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image]

While doing some work at my family's generator shop, I noticed this really trick Snap On 1/2" drive, short, flex ratchet in my brother's office. I asked how much it was. He replied 180 bucks. I went WOW! A week or so later I needed exactly that tool to remove the drivers seat from my dad's Tahoe in order to replace the Cushion. Worked mint. When Monday rolled around, I jumped on the truck and got my own.

What makes it special and $180? The fact that it is a stubby with a flex head?

I guess so . I didnt have anything like it so I grabbed it . Turns out, I like it a lot .

I have a craftsman that is almost that same thing. US made and all - granted it is a Craftsman...

Thus my curiosity on the price and uniqueness.

It sure looks like a nice item!

Back