New to me 2007 F-350

My son has an 06 Supercab with 8 foot box. He had to do the oil cooler and he deleted the EGR. He has a tuner and it runs really well. They sound like a jet and have a pretty good roar when you get on them.

My son has an 06 Supercab with 8 foot box. He had to do the oil cooler and he deleted the EGR. He has a tuner and it runs really well. They sound like a jet and have a pretty good roar when you get on them.
I plan on keeping the EGR. But I will do the BPD EGR and oil cooler. I was thinking of taking the cat off just to keep some crackhead from cutting it off.

I plan on keeping the EGR. But I will do the BPD EGR and oil cooler. I was thinking of taking the cat off just to keep some crackhead from cutting it off.
Problem with the EGR is that it carbons up the intake ports pretty good. We saw that on my buddy's when he was doing the cooler for the first time. Interesting thing was how much longer the oil stayed clean when he deleted the EGR.

Problem with the EGR is that it carbons up the intake ports pretty good. We saw that on my buddy's when he was doing the cooler for the first time. Interesting thing was how much longer the oil stayed clean when he deleted the EGR.
He took the cat off as well and it runs better. He just checked his oil the other day when I was over there and it looked golden brown yet with 3000 miles on it. His old 7.3 would turn black in 1000 miles, but that engine was tired and had a lot of blow by. I'm not a huge diesel fan, but that truck runs and drive really smooth.

For those asking about how much diesel is here, this was just under a half of the 38gal tank. Also of note: my Shell card doesn't shut off at a set dollar amount. Also got 10 cents off with Shell Rewards so it was actually 4.899/gal.

IMG_2436.jpg
IMG_2437.jpg

Nice looking truck. My fiancé's dad has a 07 Superduty with the 6.0. He bought it used and the engine was already bulletproofed. I think he has around 270,000 miles on it now. His truck also has the shorter bed which looks good.

His has definitely not been trouble free and has nickle and dimed him to death. A lot of electrical issues for some of the inside stuff. The engine itself has been pretty solid but he did have to replace the turbo last year because it quit working.

I'm sure you will have better luck with yours since it has such low mileage and looks to have been taken better care of than his did before he got it.

Nice!

Was the 6.0 a big improvement over the 7.3?
Most would say no.

It garnered the nickname six dot blow...and other colorful sayings.

It can however be "bullet proofed" for relatively little money.

A very good friend of mine had his blow and Ford would not honor the extended warranty he bought claiming water in the fuel but both station test logs and checks as well as an independent lab claimed otherwise. He's done with ford for life over it.

Still nice score on the truck.

Back