New Tires Search

General's AW365 isn't available in 205/70-15 :(
@LazyDog - What year is the CRV? 4 or 5 bolt? My father in laws 2004 had the 15" rims/tires, the 2005 went to 16" (215-65-16) that would give you other options including the AW365.

If you punch in the details at wheel-size.com for a 2005 CRV (if you have the 5 bolt) you will find of a large selection of Honda's with same bolt patterns and off set. You might find some in your area that even have great tires (or winter) for a great price. I have seen many 2nd Gen CRV's around me that have rims from Accords/Civics etc.

I got 4 factory Honda CRV alloy for $150 from the forums. Same style as my daughters and now have her snows on them. I did the same for rims for wifes Pilot, my Sonata when I had it 2x, my sons Forte. Some came with great tires. My son's Forte had 15" steel (now have his snows on them). I found locally a guy parting his Forte for blown motor. I think I paid $300 for four factory 16" from higher trim that had the sensors and 2 year old Michelin Premier with 8/32" on them. He is still using them and at 5/32" 3 years later.

The 5x114.3 bolt pattern on Honda has a 64.1 center bore, Nissan and Hyundai have slightly larger CB so their rims fit. I have 17" Hyundai Elantra rims on my '17 Accord. They fit the '04 CRV we had and my daughters '08 CRV.

Below is the 16" wheel size for '05 CRV with a 5mm offset difference with the same Honda center bore. Those should all fit if you were searching.

1666443267386.jpg

@LazyDog - What year is the CRV? 4 or 5 bolt? My father in laws 2004 had the 15" rims/tires, the 2005 went to 16" (215-65-16) that would give you other options including the AW365.

If you punch in the details at wheel-size.com for a 2005 CRV (if you have the 5 bolt) you will find of a large selection of Honda's with same bolt patterns and off set. You might find some in your area that even have great tires (or winter) for a great price. I have seen many 2nd Gen CRV's around me that have rims from Accords/Civics etc.

I got 4 factory Honda CRV alloy for $150 from the forums. Same style as my daughters and now have her snows on them. I did the same for rims for wifes Pilot, my Sonata when I had it 2x, my sons Forte. Some came with great tires. My son's Forte had 15" steel (now have his snows on them). I found locally a guy parting his Forte for blown motor. I think I paid $300 for four factory 16" from higher trim that had the sensors and 2 year old Michelin Premier with 8/32" on them. He is still using them and at 5/32" 3 years later.

The 5x114.3 bolt pattern on Honda has a 64.1 center bore, Nissan and Hyundai have slightly larger CB so their rims fit. I have 17" Hyundai Elantra rims on my '17 Accord. They fit the '04 CRV we had and my daughters '08 CRV.

Below is the 16" wheel size for '05 CRV with a 5mm offset difference with the same Honda center bore. Those should all fit if you were searching.

View attachment 122327
It is the 5 bolt pattern, I like the 15 inch size rims because it is much better in pot holes which we do have a lot of them.

Thanks for the great info by the way!

The best tire for you seems to be the Nokian Nordman Solstice (which in turn is the old WRG3--Nokian uses the Nordman name on a cheaper line of tires made up of some of their older designs).

If you're buying tires on Amazon, it's here. It also costs less than the tires you're considering :)

Nokians might also be made in the USA now that they've closed down their Russian factory (where 80% of their tires used to be made).

Bought a set of Nokian One's a few weeks ago made in Dayton, TN.

I finally bought and install the tire below.

Yokohama ASCEND LX All- Season Radial​

I taken them on the high way for a short trip today and so far I like them. Very quiet on the highway and street. I'll see how well they do when the snow and rains gets here but so far everything seems good. 100 bucks install bill at my local place which includes 2 coffee's and some donuts for the guys at the shop.

Attachments

• IMG_1024.jpg
    IMG_1024.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 8
Of the 3 choices, I thought all were good. Yokohama IME will likely have the best consistency, balance and runout of the 3. I would have probably chosen somewhere between the yoko’s and the coopers, leaning towards the Yokohamas. I like the feel of coopers but the set I had developed 1980s problems like weird wear patterns, which no other tires on my truck ever did. I have geolanders on my f150 right now and they are performing quite well.

Back