New Tires Search

Since the best time to buy new tires is a few months before they are needed. I got a Honda CRV w/ tire size 205/70/15 and was just curious to see what the current prices are and what is available.

My go to tire was always the Altimax Rt43 but the price has almost double since my last purchase in 2015. My tires are normally change based on father time and not mileage currently 38K since 2015. Here in the mid west, I want a tire that is good on snow, rain, ice and less concern w/ summer performance.

From the picture below, which would you pick????

Attachments

• IMG_0643.jpg
    IMG_0643.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 87
RT43 seems to have developed a cult following.

I certainly wouldn't risk it over $10 if I liked the current tire.

I bought a set of tires a few months ago. They went from $47 to $65 in the past few years.

I had CS5 on a vehicle. They rode smooth but were very stiff and had poor traction in any condition.

Keep in mind the RT43 has been discontinued in favor of the RT45. That could be problematic in terms of getting a recently produced tire and finding a replacement if you ever have a tire blow out.

Keep in mind the RT43 has been discontinued in favor of the RT45. That could be problematic in terms of getting a recently produced tire and finding a replacement if you ever have a tire blow out.

I am afraid that if I order the RT43's, I'll probably get old stock.

Since the best time to buy new tires is a few months before they are needed. I got a Honda CRV w/ tire size 205/70/15 and was just curious to see what the current prices are and what is available.

My go to tire was always the Altimax Rt43 but the price has almost double since my last purchase in 2015. My tires are normally change based on father time and not mileage currently 38K since 2015. Here in the mid west, I want a tire that is good on snow, rain, ice and less concern w/ summer performance.

From the picture below, which would you pick????
Go to a tire dealer that installs. 1 call; Does all. Michelin or Goodyear. Catch a promotion/sale.

I have a set of Cooper CS5s on one car and the Generals on another. Both great tires. Think the Generals are a bit quieter. BTW, tires in that size are pretty inexpensive compared to larger sizes.

I have a set of Cooper CS5s on one car and the Generals on another. Both great tires. Think the Generals are a bit quieter. BTW, tires in that size are pretty inexpensive compared to larger sizes.

I know larger tires are more expensive and happy that I do not need those crazy rim sizes.

The best tire for you seems to be the Nokian Nordman Solstice (which in turn is the old WRG3--Nokian uses the Nordman name on a cheaper line of tires made up of some of their older designs).

If you're buying tires on Amazon, it's here. It also costs less than the tires you're considering :)

compared o.p.’s three 205/70/15 tire choices on discount tire’s website. cooper cs5 is cheapest at $113 each, is higher graded at 780aa, has $60/set factory rebate.

If your sticking to that lower price then there are limits. Higher on $$ but 3PMSF (since snow, rain, ice is a priority) the Yoko Geolandar is in stock at TR, Vredestein Quatrac 5, The Nokian Nordman Solstice from simpletire or walmart as listed would be good.

Toyo Celsius is not 3PMSF but many here and other places recommend them.

Bump it to 215-70-15 and get the Kumho Crugen HT51 and be close in price, 3PMSF, with what many say is almost same as the Defender LTX M/S.

If your sticking to that lower price then there are limits. Higher on $$ but 3PMSF (since snow, rain, ice is a priority) the Yoko Geolandar is in stock at TR, Vredestein Quatrac 5, The Nokian Nordman Solstice from simpletire or walmart as listed would be good.

Toyo Celsius is not 3PMSF but many here and other places recommend them.

Bump it to 215-70-15 and get the Kumho Crugen HT51 and be close in price, 3PMSF, with what many say is almost same as the Defender LTX M/S.
What is this?
1666302630925.jpg

Krzyś

The Toyo Celsius is 3PMSF
What is this?
Krzyś
I thought they were also from what others had recommended with them BUT the TR description does not have it listed for that model. If you put 205-70-15 and click the filter for "All-Season w/Severe Snow Service Rating (3)" they do not come up.

I didn't zoom in on the picture when I linked it but I do like the tread with lots of siping and yes the Toyo website says Mountain Snowflake qualified for severe snow conditions.

My apologies for posting erroneous information.

Now lets discuss treadwear ratings and mileage warranty on the choices.

That and still saying a 3PMSF rated over the RT45 since snow, rain, ice was original post.

I thought they were also from what others had recommended with them BUT the TR description does not have it listed for that model. If you put 205-70-15 and click the filter for "All-Season w/Severe Snow Service Rating (3)" they do not come up.

I didn't zoom in on the picture when I linked it but I do like the tread with lots of siping and yes the Toyo website says Mountain Snowflake qualified for severe snow conditions.

My apologies for posting erroneous information.

Now lets discuss treadwear ratings and mileage warranty on the choices.

That and still saying a 3PMSF rated over the RT45 since snow, rain, ice was original post.

General's AW365 isn't available in 205/70-15 :(

Back