New tires needed for the Accord

I have really delayed putting new tires on the Accord, because I really wanted to get more wear out of the Pirelli's that are on it now.
The issue is not treadwear, but the amount of noise they produce (along with a multitude of cracks in the rubber.)
I held off to see what deals DTD would have for their Labor Day Sale. Must mutter (whether it is warranted or not) the sale is really underwhelming.
I was about ready to pull the trigger on a set of Yokohama Avid Touring S for $376 (I went through several sets of these during my working/commuting years and found them to be a good value tire.)
I then decided to do some additional surfing to see what the "Deals" were.
The only thing that I could find as an option (as far as their "Promotional" incentives go) would be the Michelin Defender T+H for $422.
The Michelin is an 80K tire, vs. the Yoko which is rated as a 65K tire.
My last experience with Michelin was with severe cracking on a less than 2 year old set with 22K on them. Michelin (and the dealer) pretty much blew me off.
Thus, the reason for my bias.
I guess I'm looking for input. I want decent name brand tires. Not looking to spend a fortune, as I am not putting extreme miles on the vehicle any more.
Odds are they will start cracking before I would ever wear out the tread on them.
Anyone have experience with this model of Michelin? At the time I dealt with the tires mentioned which were on our former Odyssey, Michelin had somewhat of a reputation for this issue. Has that reputation diminished?
The prices I quoted do not include tax or the $60 CC discount. Tire size is 215 60R16. Open to other options at that price point that are non-Goodyear.
Thanks in advance for the input.

If you liked your previous Yokohamas, I've been more than happy with the AVID Ascend GT's on my Accord Sport. Relatively inexpensive too.

Zero disappointment with these. Made by Continental Tire Co. Great tire, great value. Read the reviews.

1630344885242.jpg

If snow/winter performance is important, consider the Nokian Encompass AW01. It's a DT/DTD exclusive version of the WRG4

Otherwise, the RT43 or Cooper that is popular on here

If you are against Michelin, the Continental PureContact LS is a solid option.
Exact tires I was going to recommend. They'll cost more than $375.

a set of Yokohama Avid Touring S for $376
You sure about that price ? That's $94/each which seems way too low for Yokohamas and doesn't include installation. Never seen any tire from Yokohama for under $100/each.

Costco has $150 off Michelins and $110 off BFG. Fix flats for free, etc.
I think that makes the Michelins under $100.

Just pulled my local Costco ad which starts after Labor Day.
Sale is up to $150. on Bridgestone, if you drop $700+ on them.
Not really interested in dropping 700 large on this car at this time.
I know at Sams (I belong to both and priced there) that the savings basically covered their installation package.
The deal that I am considering on Michelins puts them under $100 with rebates.
However, not all that familiar with this Michelin version, or even if I want to roll the dice on them again.
Once burnt, twice shy as they say.

Just pulled my local Costco ad which starts after Labor Day.
Sale is up to $150. on Bridgestone, if you drop $700+ on them.
Not really interested in dropping 700 large on this car at this time.
I know at Sams (I belong to both and priced there) that the savings basically covered their installation package.
The deal that I am considering on Michelins puts them under $100 with rebates.
However, not all that familiar with this Michelin version, or even if I want to roll the dice on them again.
Once burnt, twice shy as they say.
If you have a quote, perhaps call your local tire shops.
The local shops here will match Costco, or whatever.

Good luck.

X2 on the Continental pure Contacts Tru Contacts whichever fits your size. I think they are as good as the Michelin and maybe better in some aspects. I have both Michelin and Continental and would choose Continental in this case.

I will also vote for the Continental PureContact LS. I have had them on 2 cars. I liked them so much on the first car I bought them again on the 2nd car. They are leagues above the Defenders. I can’t really tell you a bad quality about them. I’d say they are the best tire I’ve ever had. Very good wear, quite ride, good handling, and great all around traction.

Back