New syn spray on waxes. JUst hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that meguires and mothers and new synthetic spray on waxed. Directions on both: Spray on from 2 feet, circular patters with soft towell, then polish with another. Is it that easy with this stuff and do these new sprays work?

Well, they work, but my feeling is that they won't last as long as a good coat of carnuba.
Not sold yet, but they're OK for in between details...

Are you talking about a Qwik Wax type product? These are best used as a booster, in between waxings when a good wax has already been used. Its used instead of a Qwik Detailer...but if it doesnt already have a good wax, itll be difficult to work with.

Synthetic spray waxes are really no different than "normal" spray waxes. Companies like Mothers and Meguiars sell them as compliments to their liquid waxes or polishes. Like the other guys have stated, they trade some durability for ease of use. They work best as a booster to their liquid counterparts.

I've used several of these products and they're good if you want convenience over performance. Mothers FX Spray Wax is almost like a detail spray; very easy to wipe on and off. Nice bright shine. Their Reflections spray wax is a more traditional "spray on, spread it around, wipe off" product. I liked both over Meguiars NXT spray wax which is more of a PITA to use than NXT liquid wax.

The only spray product I really like is Zaino's new Z8 Grand Finale spray sealant. It works like the above mentioned spray waxes and is made to enhance existing coats of Z2 or Z5. It's as easy to use as a QD but lasts far longer than any spray wax and most store-bought liquid waxes. IMO this is the best product in the Zaino lineup apart from Z2Pro.

Like pretty much all Zaino products, Z8 is made to work with their sealants. I'm sure people have tried it over other stuff but I can't say how well Z8 would perform.

I'm sure it would leave a nice shine and look great but would it be durable???

I never tried the spray waxes so tell me something, is there a problem controlling the spray so it doesn't get in areas hard to wipe out such as in crevices or on trim that should be waxed? Does it dry white and stain trim?

quote:

Originally posted by bretfraz:
Like pretty much all Zaino products, Z8 is made to work with their sealants. I'm sure people have tried it over other stuff but I can't say how well Z8 would perform.

I'm sure it would leave a nice shine and look great but would it be durable???

It works well over non-Zaino products, but it isn't as durable as it is over Zaino Z2Pro or Z5. Probably because it supposed to work with what ever polymers Zaino uses in their sealants. I tried Z8 over Meguiar's M21, and it shined well, was fairly slippery, though not as slippery when used over Zaino sealants, but over M21 it lasted about a week, and was pretty much history after one rain storm. Over Z2Pro or Z5, I've had it last three weeks, sometimes more, depending on the weather.

quote:

Originally posted by robbobster:

quote:

Originally posted by ShortBuSX:
These are best used as a booster, in between waxings when a good wax has already been used.

x2

X3

One that is exceptional is Finish Kare's #425. It puts the majority of the others on the train back home. Quick Detailers have been around much longer than most realize and I've tried most of them. Both the Zaino and the Finsh Kare are two top notch products.

I am a huge fan of eagle one's new spray waxes both the Nano spray and wax as you dry... they both work quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back