New Supersport Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The European bikes are more expensive to buy, service, and are more likely to have 'issues'.

But if a European bike is what you really want, regardless of increased cost and likelihood of having 'issues', then a Japanese bike just won't do.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
The European bikes are more expensive to buy, service, and are more likely to have 'issues'.

But if a European bike is what you really want, regardless of increased cost and likelihood of having 'issues', then a Japanese bike just won't do.

It really depends on the European bike. As a Triumph owner, I have found it to be only marginally more expensive versus the Harley and Yamaha bikes I have owned. The biggest trick is finding a competent mechanic for them in your area outside a dealer. The aftermarket parts are where it can get really expensive though.

You may want to have a close look at the latest generation ZX6R with the 636cc engine. Assuming you can get one for a decent price, it has done very well in tests and comparos, notably due to its torquey engine and everyday rideability.

Good luck!

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

It really depends on the European bike. As a Triumph owner, I have found it to be only marginally more expensive versus the Harley and Yamaha bikes I have owned. The biggest trick is finding a competent mechanic for them in your area outside a dealer. The aftermarket parts are where it can get really expensive though.

I agree 100%

Of course, the Ducati will have a higher resale value. And the high strung V-Twin is an absolute blast to ride. The duc makes about 120 RWHP, the Honda about 100. The others just above 100RWHP.

But as you know, it's really hard (impossible, really) to beat the performance per dollar of a Japanese sport bike. Any of the Japanese 600's will provide big smiles for your money.

I live in Florida, where roads are straight and flat and cruise speeds are fast. I find that the more relaxed engines of open class bikes make a "more pleasing" choice here.

My bike is no true sport bike, an SV1000s. But it's ideal for South Florida's long, straight roads. And it's real world performance is close (almost, well, yeah, they are a touch faster) to a modern 600.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
BMW S1000RR

$19,000 for a BMW S1000RR in Louisville.
shocked2.gif

I think I'll stick to a 600 lol. I've narrowed it down to a leftover 2013 HRC CBR600RR and a leftover 2013 R6 in the blue/black color scheme. Both are 0 miles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
BMW S1000RR

I have a '15. It's a fine 'touring' bike with it's heated grips, cruise control and quick-shifter. I bought the factory forged wheels, and with a full Akrapovic Evolution exhaust system and some tuning, it's fairly peppy.

So far it's been trouble free.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08

I think I'll stick to a 600 lol. I've narrowed it down to a leftover 2013 HRC CBR600RR and a leftover 2013 R6 in the blue/black color scheme. Both are 0 miles.

The Yamaha is slightly faster side by side with the Honda. Just slightly. The Honda is, for me, more comfortable.

Make sure you get an awesome price!

Originally Posted By: donnyj08

If you'll be doing trackdays and/or racing, I'd go with the R6. Mostly street riding, I'd go with the CBR.

Last edited:
2013 left overs aren't worth more than high blue book. They should be a good buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back