New Super Tech 15w-40 CK-4/SN Full Synthetic HDEO VOA w/PC

The calcium and magnesium are cleaning additives as well as acid neutralizers. Potassium, zinc, molybdenum and boron are antiwear additives. The higher the ppm the better.

Can you explain what all of this means or at least the important stuff?
Assuming you're asking about the first screenshot of the oil properties. This is a new oil sample sent off to the Caterpillar oil testing laboratory. The area to the left labeled "Additives/Wear levels" & the numbers to the right represent parts per million. There are normal additives put into our motor oils to help with wear & cleanliness. This is sometimes referred to as the "additive package". Fe or Iron shows 1 part per million. Although Iron is typically associated with wear pieces from the engine there are usually small amounts in new oil that show up on an oil analysis.

The condition represents the fluid "thickness" or rather Viscosity at certain standard temperatures. Cleanliness area to the lower right represents all additives & wear particles linking them to their size ranges. In this sample there was 157 pieces that were the size of 14um (microns). You ask an excellent question & I think this is the time to insert some other material for you to chew on. If you ever want to start analyzing your fluids the first thing I'd recommend is to start off with a brand new oil sample. Send off whatever fluid you intend to run so you can have what is commonly called "Baseline". Or another way to say it is "Starting Point". Oil samples alone are mainly intended for fluid condition but they've also come in handy to spot other problems with the engine but they are not something one should rely solely on for mechanical problems. Really high fuel dilution in your oil sample may tell you that there is something wrong with your injectors for an example.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/engine-oil-analysis/
https://www.machinerylubrication.com/Read/30443/oil-analysis-reports
https://learnoilanalysis.com/lube-o...terpreting-and-diagnosing-engine-oil-reports/

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Thanks

Assuming you're asking about the first screenshot of the oil properties. This is a new oil sample sent off to the Caterpillar oil testing laboratory. The area to the left labeled "Additives/Wear levels" & the numbers to the right represent parts per million. There are normal additives put into our motor oils to help with wear & cleanliness. This is sometimes referred to as the "additive package". Fe or Iron shows 1 part per million. Although Iron is typically associated with wear pieces from the engine there are usually small amounts in new oil that show up on an oil analysis.

The condition represents the fluid "thickness" or rather Viscosity at certain standard temperatures. Cleanliness area to the lower right represents all additives & wear particles linking them to their size ranges. In this sample there was 157 pieces that were the size of 14um (microns). You ask an excellent question & I think this is the time to insert some other material for you to chew on. If you ever want to start analyzing your fluids the first thing I'd recommend is to start off with a brand new oil sample. Send off whatever fluid you intend to run so you can have what is commonly called "Baseline". Or another way to say it is "Starting Point". Oil samples alone are mainly intended for fluid condition but they've also come in handy to spot other problems with the engine but they are not something one should rely solely on for mechanical problems. Really high fuel dilution in your oil sample may tell you that there is something wrong with your injectors for an example.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/engine-oil-analysis/
https://www.machinerylubrication.com/Read/30443/oil-analysis-reports
https://learnoilanalysis.com/lube-o...terpreting-and-diagnosing-engine-oil-reports/

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Thanks
Thanks for explaining this.
I am thinking about running this in my 2018. I have another 1000 miles or so to reach my 10,000 OCI. This will be my first oil change since I bought this truck three months ago.
I was trying to decide between the Shell Rotella and the Valvoline Blue until this thread popped up.

Thanks for explaining this.
I am thinking about running this in my 2018. I have another 1000 miles or so to reach my 10,000 OCI. This will be my first oil change since I bought this truck three months ago.
I was trying to decide between the Shell Rotella and the Valvoline Blue until this thread popped up.
You're welcome 😁 This new Super Tech looks like excellent competition and the price is very competitive for a synthetic product.

The price is partly the reason why I’m leaning towards using this oil over the others. As long as I keep reading the good stuff about it and the fact that it meets Cummins specs.

The calcium and magnesium are cleaning additives as well as acid neutralizers. Potassium, zinc, molybdenum and boron are antiwear additives. The higher the ppm the better.
This is not accurate. Like every engineering problem, there are trade offs and consequences for every design decision. Too much of a "good thing" is rarely a good thing in real life. For instance, at a high enough level, ZDDP becomes corrosive and becomes counter productive. Too much ash from burned metallic elements poison catalytic converters. It's all got to be in balance.

Still out of stock locally and online. Boo
IMG_5342.jpeg

I just checked and it shows to be in stock at my store, Silsbee, Texas and available to be shipped. Two gallon jugs, one gallon jugs or by the quart.

I'm thinking about trying this oil in my 03 cummins 5.9, does anyone have any idea on a spec sheet for this oil,I'd like to get some info on the pour point.
I'm in Northern Illinois and it can get down to-25F here at times. I usually run TDT 5w40.
Thanks for any info anyone may have.
Larry

I'm thinking about trying this oil in my 03 cummins 5.9, does anyone have any idea on a spec sheet for this oil,I'd like to get some info on the pour point.
I'm in Northern Illinois and it can get down to-25F here at times. I usually run TDT 5w40.
Larry
Warren Distribution is the one packaging the Super Tech so maybe they could provide you w/those details?
http://warrendistribution.com/

Larry
I think this oil would be great for your Cummins. I just wouldn’t drive it in the winter if it’s below 0F. This oil seems to be a good value for a full synthetic oil.

Just my $0.02

Thanks for the replies. It's my work truck and daily driver,I do plug it in when it's below around 20f.
Cold starts in the mornings aren't what I am concerned with, many days after I get in the truck after work it'll be zero or below, hence the pour point is pretty important to me.
I'll be researching this soon and stay with TDT if it's not a viable solution for me. Thanks again.
Larry

Back