New stuff coming from AMSOIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Does that mean I have to hold out for the new oil.

Hey, Bill Gates will need to fund the 11+ Dollars per quart retail your going to pay....Maybe it will be good for 50K?
laugh.gif
crazy.gif
shocked.gif
laugh.gif
tombstone.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Won't be $11+ quart. Please.

Severe Gear is 14.75 a quart, why won't the signature 0-30 be 11 plus a quart? OR are you telling us the signature will be more than 11 plus a quart?

SVG 75W-90 is $11.20/qt Retail
SVT 75W-110 is $12.35/qt retail
SV0 75W-140 is $13.75/qt retail

I'm not sure where you are getting your prices, but we are talking about motor oil, not gear oil. I'm trying to tell you the new oils won't be much more expensive than the S2K, if at all. TSO is $9.95/qt btw.

Sorry, I was using the new October price of $14.30 a quart for the gear oil and adding in taxes. I forgot to add the shipping which will bring each quart to your door for $16.00
shocked.gif
shipped by the case.

What I am trying to elaborate on is the price difference between the Amsoil synthetic gear oil vs. the Amsoil severe gear oil. As mentioned earlier Amsoil did not compare there own regular vs. the severe gear oil in the White Paper, but I feel the difference in price is great...but the performance equal or close.

So in my mind, I was seeing the regular engine oil TSO 0-30 vs. the signature 0-30 and seeing the same price spread of the gear oils with little performance difference. Now that I think about it...I predict the retail price with tax delivered to be the the $12+ dollar range
grin.gif

If you use synthetics for the purpose of extending the drain intervals, you break even or close to it.

We all know the higher viscosity PAO and Ester base oils are VERY expensive. How you equivocate is rather amazing and how you equate the price of a formulated motor oil with a HD 75W-140 gear oil is rather interesting.

In the future it's going to be $12/qt with tax delivered for 0W-30, and now it's $7.25+tax+shipping (say $8.50 max)? ....OK all the more reason to be a Preferred Customer.
grin.gif

Why doesn't anyone else mention sales tax with OTC oils???

Quote:

We all know the higher viscosity PAO and Ester base oils are VERY expensive. How you equivocate is rather amazing and how you equate the price of a formulated motor oil with a HD 75W-140 gear oil is rather interesting.

In the future it's going to be $12/qt with tax delivered for 0W-30, and now it's $7.25+tax+shipping (say $8.50 max)? ....OK all the more reason to be a Preferred Customer.
grin.gif

Why doesn't anyone else mention sales tax with OTC oils???

I thought I cleared up why I equated gear oil price to engine oil price in the post above?

Retail price is what you sell your products for? Correct?

Why would one not equate taxes and shipping into a product?

I am still staying with my guess that the "New Signature 0-30 will be in the 12+ dollar range delivered to your door!

Quote:

If you use synthetics for the purpose of extending the drain intervals, you break even or close to it.

Most the time your ahead if you factor in time! But, most of the extended drain oils just don't see 25k or 35K OCI's as stated in the ads or we would be in even better shape!

I highly encourage folks to become PC's. Most anyone in BITOG land it more than pays for itself.

My question about sales tax was sorta general - I never see folks talking about prices including tax, so I thought it a bit odd. GC score prices, BOGO prices, etc...people don't show the qt price including tax, that's all.

Probably not much of a call for the Traxon stuff down here. See the comments in the gear/tranny oil section, everybody wanted their favorite tested. (But I thought everbody's favorites WERE selected!) The line has to be drawn somewhere - there's not a unlimited budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back