New straight truck - T370

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freightliner MDTs have been hilarious in recent years. Rare to find one with working AC. Loaned one of my UD's to a commercial neighbor quite a few times because he had Freightliner problems.

All eighteen of the Freightliners at work (four M2 box trucks, fourteen single-axle tractors) have working A/C...from 10,000 miles to 260,000 miles.

Last edited:
There's a reason every other class 8 truck on the road is a Freight shaker. Built to a price point. KW and Peterbilt are head and shoulders above Freightliner in quality, ride, and fit and finish. Never cared for Mack but they did build tough trucks for construction, off road applications. I drove a new rental Navistar a few years ago that was as bad as the Freightliner. When I retired 2 years ago the company had started buying Volvo's which IMHO were much better than Freightliner, but not as well built as the Paccar trucks. The old Cat engines were IMO the best heavy truck engines ever built.

Unfortunately, I don't think Volvo offers medium-duty straight trucks.

One reason FL is so common is that they make up the majority of Ryder's gigantic fleet. (Ryder didn't buy Internationals for a couple years, due to serious emission problems with the MAXX-Force engines.) The newer IHs use Cummins power and are quite nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back