New Scan Tool

Picked up a Autel MaxiSYS Elite MS908e from AESwave, Really like it so far......After I got acclimated to the Android OS that is as I'm more of a iOS & Microsoft guy.

Was finally able to ship a 2006 Kia Optima as the Autel would run the EVAP test that my Snap-on Solus Ultra wouldn't.

The Bluetooth VCI/J-Box has over a 60' range which is nice as I don't have to cart the scan tool around. Can't get the Mini VCI to pair to the tool but haven't had time to really mess with it.

Came with 2 year updates & warranty, My Solus needed a update which made buying the Autel a bargain.

6PunDFA.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent. I like Autel because of the updates whereas Snap-on stops supporting certain ones after awhile. We have 10 of the Snap-on Verus at school and they won’t support them anymore so my teacher chose Autel over them I can’t remember which ones we are getting should be in next week. In my opinion these days Autel is the way to go. I’m saving up for a big scan tool like this. My smaller one is great I just want one that does more.

I have an Elite and a 906bt. By far, the Elite is the best deal right now since you receive 2 years of updates included.

But it is one of the oldest tools in Autel's current line-up.

I have an Elite and a 906bt. By far, the Elite is the best deal right now since you receive 2 years of updates included.

But it is one of the oldest tools in Autel's current line-up.
Looks pretty impressive. Guess it's no good for the individual. How much are the updates after the 2 years?

I have this same tool. Like it a lot. It's advertised some places as a programmer; I guess it can technically program some things but if you're looking to write EEPROMs in circuit and flash modules in the car then look elsewhere.

That being said, it is an excellent diagnostic and service tool.

Looks pretty impressive. Guess it's no good for the individual. How much are the updates after the 2 years?
$850 through AESwave right now, But that's subject to change by the time I need it. Competitive with Snap-on.

If I can find a similar deal in 2 years.....I'll just buy a new tool & sell this one.

After I got acclimated to the Android OS that is as I'm more of a iOS & Microsoft guy.
What OS do scan tools typically use ? I imagine most are Android-based while some will be Windows Embedded or some other embedded system.

$850 through AESwave right now, But that's subject to change by the time I need it. Competitive with Snap-on.

If I can find a similar deal in 2 years.....I'll just buy a new tool & sell this one.
Thats what I have been doing since the DS708 days. My 908s is due for replacement this year, probably going to do either an IM508 or IM608 to complement some of the other tools that I have and add some EEProm capability.

PLEASE keep us updated!! I have been looking at that unit for a few months. I see you already found something it does that the Snap on won't and that is my biggest complaint with Snap on and why buy them anymore.

That is nice. Autel seem to be one of the more popular aftermarket scan tools these days. I have considered buying one of their cheaper versions when my Innova scanner gives it up.

I also like AESwave. I've bought several things from them in the past. I recently ordered their Uscope master kit. I'm just a DIYer who wants to learn more about using a scope in diagnosing and even though it's only one channel, it will do most of the stuff that I would likely use it for. I can't really justify buying any of the more expensive ones.

PLEASE keep us updated!! I have been looking at that unit for a few months. I see you already found something it does that the Snap on won't and that is my biggest complaint with Snap on and why buy them anymore.

No more Snap-on scanners for me either, Asian support sucks & FCA coverage is lacking....Better off using Global/Generic OBD2 than their Euro software!

Rarely lets me down on GM & Ford though, I'll likely keep my Solus Ultra for a long time just like I've had my MT2500 since 2006 as it's got all the domestic OBD1 stuff.

Back