New Roll Cart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you need to use Weather Pack connectors or could you change to something else? I changed over to Deutch DT style connectors from Weather Pack and like the DT much better. You can use the DTP series for higher amperages and there are a lot more options.

Last edited:
I got the blue HF 5 drawer mechanic's cart for $169. It will be fine for DIY work. With SO being close to $1000, it was an easy choice. I'm not sure how the HF cart will last compared to a SO in a pro environment. I am impressed with the OP's roll cart and tools. Who wouldn't be?

Originally Posted by P10crew

These are the wp's that I buy. I would like to buy the dies for my old excelite crimper to correctly crimp these. The box don't specifically say series 150.

I may contact paladin on Monday to see if they can dial in on the correct dies for my crimper.
Ok I looked at that cutaway. I guess I have been assembling them wrong. I have been assembling them with the outer most flags grabbing the wire insulation and installing the seal with the nose out rather than in the crimp. Shame shame! Do you know what series of weather pack's would be 40 amp rated? I want to get stocked up on those in a 2 cavity and get the dies as well. Thanks man!

Those are simply Packard Weather Pack, I don't know of any that are rated for much over 20 amps or so. The later Delphi connectors are better in about every way especially at dealing with underhood heat. The PWP has such good support because they are used so widely on American Industrial & Agriculture equipment where GM hasn't widely used them since 1995.

Delphi 150 series.....14 amps
Delphi GT 150 series.....15 amps
Delphi 280 series.....30 amps
Delphi 480 series.....42 amps
Delphi 630 series.....46 amps

GM used some Hybrid connectors that were based on Delphi GT 150 with 280 sized terminals in a few cavities.....So you could have 15 & 30 amp circuits in the same connector. But retail support is not very good & can get expensive.

Most of it was bought used....Probably around $6,000-$7,000. If you're asking what I have invested in all my automotive tools?......North of $80,000.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back