New Red Line Coolant (Pre-Mixed & Concentrate)

So, I looked up the product https://www.redlineoil.com/waterwetter and it does actually seem to say it can be used with antifreeze.

I am tempted to pop in to a store and look at a bottle on the shelf, I thought I remembered it saying that it would not be effective in a situation with either any antifreeze or more than 10-20% antifreeze.

Meaning, I thought those running ohh say a 50/50 mix should not even bother with this stuff.
It is because the ethylene glycol already acts as a surfactant and reduces the surface tension of the water. The "water wetter" in this case does nothing at typical coolant concentrations.

At least they list this one gem of fact:

"Does not lower cooling system below the thermostatically-controlled temperature"

Something that is usually lost in these discussions and why I asked above if the track car had a thermostat.

Last edited:
It's a giant waste of money plain and simple. Water wetter is a very niche product that's only really useful in proper sanctioned racing applications where water in place of normal coolant is mandated due to safety reasons.

It's a giant waste of money plain and simple. Water wetter is a very niche product that's only really useful in proper sanctioned racing applications where water in place of normal coolant is mandated due to safety reasons.

Redline has mastered the art of marketing, I agree that particular product seems very, very overpriced.

I can make two gallons of 50/50 EG/water mix for about 10 bucks.
You can do that even with the BMW branded coolant, plus the cost of distilled water if you're using that. If I were going to deviate from the BMW stuff I'd buy G48, not some other unknown formula that doesn't appear to be made to any particular standard.

You can do that even with the BMW branded coolant, plus the cost of distilled water if you're using that. If I were going to deviate from the BMW stuff I'd buy G48, not some other unknown formula that doesn't appear to be made to any particular standard.

The blue 82141467704?

fwiw - they said the 2-eha is neutralized in their car. they also had a video of the testing they did:

Back