New pressure washer

I am looking at 3 different options. One has 212cc Simpson engine, second is Honda Gc190 and finally last one has Briggs 208cc.. All 3 are axial OEM pumps as far as I can tell. Price wise 212Cc and Briggs is cheaper at 279 and the GC190 is on sale for 349. My usage is high as i wash 2 homes, 2 decks, back porch along with power equipment. My last one was free 4 hp Briggs from Sears for free but 2 much needed for repairs. All pump ratings are 2.4gpm with 3000 psi. Any opinions as I have read to many reviews of a tank of fuel which makes it great. I went through 3 tanks last time I washed one house.

Enjoying my new Stihl. The rotary surface cleaner attachment really cleans concrete.

The briggs is great, Simpson engines are eh but for a smidge more the Honda is a better deal considering how much you'll use it and for how long you'll own it but then again the pump will probably go out on all 3 before any of the 3 engines goes out. I have a Honda pressure washer and the pump is going out. Change the pump oil immediately for something better. The factory fills they put in them usually suck.

Reactions: JTK
Your focusing on the engine when you should be focusing on the pump. A pressure washer with a horizontal engine will be a better pressure washer, the better ones are always horizontal. You are getting a 50 hour pump most likely.

If your needs are not great, electric pressure washers are just more handy.

Your focusing on the engine when you should be focusing on the pump. A pressure washer with a horizontal engine will be a better pressure washer, the better ones are always horizontal. You are getting a 50 hour pump most likely.

If your needs are not great, electric pressure washers are just more handy.
All these are horizontal. Electric won't last one of my jobs

Iv had electric ones die out twice now on low usage. Went petrol powered with a 212cc knock off engine. Couldnt believe how much more power it has over the electrical one.

"OEM Technologies" is the brand name of the pump? There are many quality pump manufacturers, such as AR, CAT, Comet. Never heard of OEM Technologies.

Just plan on replacing the pump in a couple of years.
Many of these pumps aren't an option until you get to the more commercial level machines. It's rare to find them on Home Depot consumer grade stuff.

I love Honda GC engines for light duty use. They're much quieter, easier to start and highly efficient on gas. However, they tend to wear out a lot quicker when used under heavy loads for long durations due to their lighter aluminum cylinder bores. Either of the other two Chonda engines with their iron cylinder sleeves would be better suited for laboring long hours with a pressure pump.

I have this one and it does everything I want. Cheap too. If yours is more commercial use then probably should spend that extra money over something like this. Don't forget the 10% off if you are a vet.

Back