New Pressure Washer-Tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife bought me a new DeWalt pressure washer. Has a Honda GX 270 engine and a AAA (Comet) 4000 psi 3 gpm pump. This thing is a beast for homeowner duty. I compare it to my dad's Honda GC160 2.3 /2300 Psi rig that I have used for a few years after his death. The axial cam pump died, and I gave the engine to my neighbor for a go-kart for his grands. My question is the Manual for this new rig says to change oil at 20 hours for engine and 100 hours for the triplex pump. I have run it for 1/2 hour (cheap digital hour meter). I am thinking of changing engine oil at 5-10 hours and replacing with Pennzoil HD 30 and using CAT or other pump 15W-40 oil at 20 hours. This rig will see mainly flatwork, weekend jobs for family and friends. I Love the GX engine. Should I change the break in oil earlier, or go for 10 hours to get rid of the glitter. I am running E-0 Gas.

I should clarify, I want to run HD 30 or Mobil 1 10-30 in the Honda for about 50 hours, and also a 15W-40 pump oil for 50-75 hours. The manual states 50 hours for engine after initial 20 hours and Pump is 100 hours. My lawn guy wants me to partner with him to do driveways and sidewalks when I can. Easy side work. I just don't to go to long between changes. Any better suggestions for Motor Oil or Pump OIl?

It's always a good idea to change small engine oil early. Don't forget that pressure washer duty is fairly severe, so a robust oil is a good choice.

I'd change the engine oil at 1 hour. Then at 5 or 10 hours. 10 hours for the pump.

Last edited:
Are you guys sure!!!!??? My new Craftsman has oil that is filled for life - "just add".
crackmeup2.gif

I thought this was about buying new tips.. and I was going to say buy the multifunction tip you rotate.

I've launched 3 of the single tips now(in 5 years) not locked all the way on end.

Cat brand pump oil is ISO 68 which is about 20 weight oil, which might be too thin for your Comet pump.

Comet pump sells their own pump oil for a decent price. Might as well just use that.

For the engine, SAE30 is a good choice, as is 15W40. Synthetic not needed, as you will change the oil often. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back