Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
You gentlemen are very welcome
wink.gif

Still waiting on SubyRubieRoo to send me some filters
grin2.gif

I'm trying to generate a couple more used ones... the Baldwin B7243 will be coming off in a couple weeks, and I'll also send the XG3593A off my Outback once the cold snap breaks. I also have a Subaru OEM off mom's '18 Forester and one other used one.

Speaking of filters, did you ever cut open that HM3593A that has the plastic thing with the "high mileage" gel in it? I don't remember seeing it.

There will also be a couple white ST4386s for your Camry and an ST6607 to slice and dice. I wonder what the USPS x-ray tech thinks when he sees my boxes with all these filters in them...
lol.gif

Sounds good. After today's fun, I'm thawing out before contemplating cutting a Parts Master off friends early 2000's Honda CRV that was on for 7k

well throw it up here then!
smile.gif

It's gone already as in melted down into new metal.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by qdeezie
Thank you for the cut and post! I appreciate it!!!

You are welcome and how warm is it in NC? A balmy -2F and "feels like" -28F here
frown.gif

It was in the mid-40s today when I went out for lunch. I don't envy you at all with -2F temps!!!

LOL! Yeah, mom and stepdad on Lake Norman said weather has been "cooler". I said -2F is "cold" not cool
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I bought filters for three vehicles and never more than six at a time from RockAuto.
Currently I am done with RockAuto and purchasing basic filters like the new silicone ADBV Fram Extra Guard - new and improved silicone ADBV NAPA Pro Select - plus currently venturing into silicone ADBV K&N Silver, which I can got online for $4.99 @ Amazon Prime.

There's enough evidence on this board that basic filters get us to 300+K, when discarded properly/timely. Even evidence supPorting store brand oils too.

My former $1.67 Premium Guard pair worked out great. They quieted my Colorado's cold, dry startup that a $8-9 Fram Ultra created. I may someday order the Premium Guard XL, should the K&N Silver not be up-for-the-task. I need an inexpensive filter for the Colorado that can do 6-7K. That dollar store-type Premium Guard filter nitrile ADBV stayed quiet for 5K, then I began hearing a weak cold startup clatter in the last 1K of that filter's lifespan.

So I would use a basic, cheap Premium Guard for 5K. But hesitant to try them again in OCIs up-to 7K in that Colorado.

I bet that k&n your using and the fram and proselect you mentioned will all hold up well for 6k 7k. Ive always had good experiences with filters myself. Just haven't had a vehicle that really needs an adbv so I haven't had to experience the issue with nitrile failing.
How efficient is the silver k&n by the way?

I bought filters for three vehicles and never more than six at a time from RockAuto.
Currently I am done with RockAuto and purchasing basic filters like the new silicone ADBV Fram Extra Guard - new and improved silicone ADBV NAPA Pro Select - plus currently venturing into silicone ADBV K&N Silver, which I can got online for $4.99 @ Amazon Prime.

There's enough evidence on this board that basic filters get us to 300+K, when discarded properly/timely. Even evidence supPorting store brand oils too.

My former $1.67 Premium Guard pair worked out great. They quieted my Colorado's cold, dry startup that a $8-9 Fram Ultra created. I may someday order the Premium Guard XL, should the K&N Silver not be up-for-the-task. I need an inexpensive filter for the Colorado that can do 6-7K. That dollar store-type Premium Guard filter nitrile ADBV stayed quiet for 5K, then I began hearing a weak cold startup clatter in the last 1K of that filter's lifespan.

So I would use a basic, cheap Premium Guard for 5K. But hesitant to try them again in OCIs up-to 7K in that Colorado.

I bet that k&n your using and the fram and proselect you mentioned will all hold up well for 6k 7k. Ive always had good experiences with filters myself. Just haven't had a vehicle that really needs an adbv so I haven't had to experience the issue with nitrile failing.
How efficient is the silver k&n by the way?
Originally Posted by JC1
Originally Posted by Pinoak
RockAuto sells a ton of Premium Guards. I know firsthand.

The problem with rock Auto is you need to either order with another part from the same place or order several toake it worth while because of shipping cost. Then you have a surplus of filters you need to use up. Assuming you don't decide to sale the vehicle before use them up it's a good deal.
I bought several super cheap puros for a van after Walmart discontinued them and the van blew a main seal. I got all these old filters in my closet now that I don't need.

Cut one open and post the pics. If you want to get rid of the others post them for others. Maybe you can trade the filters for some oil.

Well ok I can cut one open. I'll try and pick the oldest 1 at one time I had some from 08 09 maybe I still do.

These PG filters are pretty decent for the money. I'm using a bunch these days and zero problems. Thanks for the pics.

Originally Posted by sw99
These PG filters are pretty decent for the money. I'm using a bunch these days and zero problems. Thanks for the pics.

You are very welcome
smile.gif

Originally Posted by NWCoaster
Wouldn't put it on anything I own.

Well if your like me and you prefer to buy American to support trying to keep business here that makes since. Otherwise it might just be made at the same factory your favorite brand is made in or similar anyway. The filter at hand looks fine to me.

Agree
They could double the price to 3.50 and it still would be a fair price for it. I paid $1.67 for mine.
Those few pleats are hardly bent and what's bent is less than a few percent of the entire lot of pleats there. They're not wavy. They were only set crooked.

They are actually straighter than what's flying around towards them.

Speaking of filters, did you ever cut open that HM3593A that has the plastic thing with the "high mileage" gel in it? I don't remember seeing it.

Those are just an "Extra Guard" (orange can) with the basket of "gel"... several have been cut and posted on here before.

Fram is still HUSH about what's in the gel.......

Originally Posted by Linctex

Those are just an "Extra Guard" (orange can) with the basket of "gel"... several have been cut and posted on here before.

Fram is still HUSH about what's in the gel.......

The High Mileage filter line is now discontinued.

Agree
They could double the price to 3.50 and it still would be a fair price for it. I paid $1.67 for mine.
Those few pleats are hardly bent and what's bent is less than a few percent of the entire lot of pleats there. They're not wavy. They were only set crooked.

They are actually straighter than what's flying around towards them.

Joe, I noticed this too on the pleats. Hard for me to buy a Prime Guard or this when I get TG 8316 for $3~ sale at Rural king
wink.gif

Adam
That last TG @ 20K photos you showed here had more waves than the Hawaii Pipeline roller-coaster waves at high tide.
lol.gif

Well, I followed dNewton3 advice and guess I " over used" that filter. I am not scared to push the envelope either. Ya only live once
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back