New Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus ¿II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about time for new tires on my ‘08 Navigator and when I was at Discount Tire, the worker and I saw that they have what seems to be a new tire with Roman numerals after the Plus. I was initially looking at the Scorpion Verde A/S Plus but he was also able to order in some Plus II tires.

I've searched everywhere and haven't been able to find anything about Pirelli releasing an update to this tire...not even a press release.

Have any of y'all heard of or seen something about an update to the Verde A/S Plus called the Plus II?

What was interesting was that he couldn't pull up any info on his screen about the tire but his inventory was showing there to be almost 200 tires in the appropriate size available.

I know Discount sometimes has tires that are made especially for them and are not available elsewhere. I wonder if this could be the case here

That's certainly a possibility. The tires just don't pull up on their website...it was through the system at the store that they came up. Regardless, I'm going to give Pirelli a call tomorrow and see what they say about it.

Update: Contacted Pirelli and was told that indeed, the tires are updated. New tread compound with improved dry and wet handling. Going to give them a try on my Navigator.

Update 2: bought the tires at discount tire a week or two ago for my brother's Navigator. Each one was $169/piece. After the prorating that I received for the Nitto tires that didn't make the treadwear warranty, the price was about $96/tire.

I drove on them for a day or two before handing the keys back to my brother and thought they provided a refined, quiet drive. The Nittos that were on it before had slightly better steering response, but the Pirellis fit the character of the Navigator just fine. The added comfort and reduced noise more than offset the tiny bit of steering response loss.

They have a 65k mile warranty so time will tell if they actually make it the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back