New Napa starters & altenators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just replaced the starter on my 99 Cherokee after 250,000km on the original with a premium,new starter from my local Napa dealer.The fit,appearance and operation of the new one is great.I looked everywhere on the box,instructions etc. and can't find a country of origin.The Napa guy said he knows the rebuilt starters come from the U.S.A but doesn't know where the new ones are from.Anybody care to wager a guess?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Greaser
The Napa guy said he knows the rebuilt starters come from the U.S.A but doesn't know where the new ones are from.Anybody care to wager a guess?

Napa sells rebuilt starters? Are you sure they aren't remanufactured? There's a difference.

My experience over many years is that NAPA parts are one of the better brands. I have never had a problem with any of their parts, either new or remanufactured. I don't think NAPA ever in the recient past sold rebuilt stuff. I have no problems with NAPA except, maybe the price on some items.

Most of your hard parts for all your parts stores come from one of three big suppliers so it really does not matter much where you buy. I say go witht he best warranty for the price. Usualy that means AutoZOne but sometime NAPA is in the mix. The problem with NAPA is that you have to save your receipt in order to have a warranty unlike AUtoZOnes national database system. I just toss my NAPA reciepts in the glove box so I always have them!

Greaser, you have a PM
cheers3.gif

Last edited:
I've dealt with my Napa dealer here in town for twenty years,same owner just moved to a bigger store.He keeps all his customers' purchases on his computer so losing your receipt isn't all that big a deal.He is a great guy to deal with!But I still try to keep all my receipts.

new domestic units are built by Remmy. I just spent a week with the Factory rep, we talked about Napa specifically. They are nice Units. The same part is sold in AC delco Box, Advance Premium, And Duralast Gold.

I saw listings for Remy starters at RockAuto.

This Remy must be related to Delco-Remy, no? If so, why don't they just sell it as a Delco-Remy starter? What is the relationship between Remy and Delco-Remy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back