*NEW* Motor Oil University

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://bobistheoilguy.com/motor-oil-101/

Motor Oil University on the main page has been Updated!

A big thank you goes out to all who contributed to this effort: MolaKule, Jetronic, Shannow, HTSS_TR, BrucLuno, 69GTX, CT8, DWC28, FowVay, 2015_PSD, Quattro Pete, WWillson and everyone else that has made this happen. I know that for many of you, it has been a desire to see this update for many years.

I also can't say enough about the BITOG staff who provide us with this great site and turns our ongoing discussions into useful information for all the internet to see.

01.gif

I second Molakule's thanks.

Extraordinary amount of voluntary work that you have put in, to the great benefit of the board.

Thanks.

Thanks to the experts that rewrote M.O.101!

You may want to know that I found a misspelling on the first page (bolded)

Originally Posted By: first page

So the easy way to fix this is to just have the oil be 10cSt at startup right? After all if the right viscosity for the engine to operate is 10cSt why not just start there and let it be? The engine would be properly lubricated and no harm. The problem is that if you started at 10cSt then as the engine gets hotter (which they do) then your oil would be much to thin when the engine gets up to operating temperature.

Should be "too".

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Thank you very much for taking the time and effort to update this. It is greatly appreciated!

+1

Good show Solarent
banana2.gif
25.gif
banana2.gif

It was long over due...

Now we have a good initial reference for the average Joe to start into the world of automotive lubrication
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back