NEW MOBILE ONE OIL QUESTION

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed M1 now has a 0-30 oil in a green lettering bottle that claims to be a better milage oil. What is this about and how does it compare to regular 5-30 M1?

It has better cold weather start up performance than the 5W-30, and they claim can give up to 2% better MPG.

HTH,
Frank D

If your car needs xW30 then 0W30 is better for it all year long. If they are priced the same, then there is no reason not to use 0W30.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
The 0W rating is at 0F so it will make no difference if you never see that temp,

Your assignement is to find out why I am quoting your statement. Hint...J-300

Last edited:
If your car is a newer car w/o leaks a 0W-xx is usually the better choice. Even in warmer temps lets say 75* F, it is going to flow faster on a cold start.

Frank D

Originally Posted By: MULESKINNER
I have noticed M1 now has a 0-30 oil in a green lettering bottle that claims to be a better milage oil. What is this about and how does it compare to regular 5-30 M1?

Is this Mobile's equivalent of NY1?
LOL.gif

http://www.ny1.com/default.aspx

Seriously though, to reiterate my previous responses of this subject, it's simply repackaged 0W-30 SM that's been around for the past 2-3 years.

I use it in my 5W-20 rated Ford engine because it's somewhat thinner in viscosity and HT/HS ratings than Mobil 1 5W-30. Excellent oil!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back