New Member - GC & BC Purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
New member here. Been reading this forum for a few months, but just joined last night.

Having read all the stories about the Green GC, back in the Autumn, I decided to buy some. My local AZ in Eustis only had three quarts at that time, so I got those three, plus three quarts of BC for my oil change. In October I pucked some GC Green at an AZ in Rochester NY, but not much. In the first week of November, I had to make a "fast" trip out to Roswell NM. While there, I checked with the AZ on the South side of town. Big signs that Castrol Syntec was on sale at $3.99, but they did not have any GC. I purchased about six quarts of BC only because of the price. Next day, I went to the AZ on the North side of town. Yes, they had Green GC, but they knew nothing about a sale. Told them that the Southside store was selling at $3.99, so he let me buy ten quarts, (all he had) of Green GC at the sale price. Remember this was early November. When I started for home, I saw an AZ on Hwy-380 in Brownfield Tx, so took a chance and pulled in. Had BC but no GC. Asked why, and the manager said that it did not sell well in the Texas heat, and (now get this) he was instructed by corporate headquarters to dump it all. Did buy a little BC. After I returned home, I would check my AZ in Eustis just to see if they had any, and they always did not. (think I saw some Gold, but no Green). Well never take no for an answer. One day about three weeks ago, I stopped in again just to check and what did I find but some GC Green mixed in an additional display. Purchased all he had. (not many, but enough).

I've used some since I changed the oil in my Marauder, but here is what I now have in my shed.
16 qts of GC Green 0W-30
9 qts of BC 5W-40
2 qts of RedLine 10W-30 (prob will use in bike)
2 qts of AmsOil Motorcycle 20W-50
1 qt of Motul E-Tech 100 (motorcycle oil)

Thats enough for now. I'm not going to go out of my way to look for anymore.

Bob

quote:

did not sell well in the Texas heat,

Ain't gonna put none of that dadgum thin 0 weight oil in my pick-em-up truck!
wink.gif

quote:
2 qts of RedLine 10W-30 (prob will use in bike)
2 qts of AmsOil Motorcycle 20W-50
1 qt of Motul E-Tech 100 (motorcycle oil)

Thats enough for now. I'm not going to go out of my way to look for anymore.

Bob

You should fit right in with the rest of the sickos on the board.

Note: This member only has 90 quarts.

quote:

You should fit right in with the rest of the sickos on the board.

"sickos"? Was besprechen Sie, Wilhelm? Loosely translated, "What you talkin' about Willis?"

speedtc,

Why don't you just give in and join us...it would save you from whacking yourself in the head all the time.
grin.gif

Recently declassified NSA intercept of Outrun's last AutoZone conversation:

Out(0415GMT): I want an unopened case of Castrol 0W30

Manager(0416GMT): Okay I can you get 4 by monday

Out(0416GMT): 4, If you insist fine

unintelligible(0417GMT): wheels peeling out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back