New John Deere 5100e Pictures

I love deeres the only small issue I have is
thats alot of $$$ for made in Pune, Maharashtra, India

I could really use your old tractor on the farm to replace the deere 850 we are currently mowing the bulk of the fields with.
Green paint is expensive.

I’ve run the JD tractors with the regeneration system on them. There were never any problems.
The tractor is pretty clean. I think that I might prefer something a little smaller with hydrostatic drive.
Here’s the tractor.

Attachments

• D3F219E1-1EAD-48E0-A5AF-4568A447ACE6.jpg
    D3F219E1-1EAD-48E0-A5AF-4568A447ACE6.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 35
I’ve run the JD tractors with the regeneration system on them. There were never any problems.
The tractor is pretty clean. I think that I might prefer something a little smaller with hydrostatic drive.
Here’s the tractor.
That is really nice, I'd say he's about right on price for the moment. You might offer $14K and probably meet in the middle somewhere if he really wants to sell it.

How much foot pounds of torque does a 40 to 45 hp tractor produce?
Not JD but my 55hp does 135 ft/lb as a point of reference
and my 75hp does 221 ft/lb
According to this the a1700 is 37hp and 81 ft/lb

So looks like between 2-3 flt/lbs per hp

Then you probably have transmission losses

Not JD but my 55hp does 135 ft/lb as a point of reference
and my 75hp does 221 ft/lb
According to this the a1700 is 37hp and 81 ft/lb

So looks like between 2-3 flt/lbs per hp

Then you probably have transmission losses
Amazing the little power a tractor produces vs the work their capable of doing. Must be in the gearing?

Amazing the little power a tractor produces vs the work their capable of doing. Must be in the gearing?
Yeah, 40hp applied at 1-2-3-4-5 mph on a 6' or 7' wide implement does have some time to do some work. I'd get a 6.5' or maybe even a 7' brush hog for my 40hp tractor if I bought one again. With the hydrostat you can always go the right speed for the pto work load. And 40hp at .3mph with decent size Ag tires and 6000lbs of weight pushes or pulls quite a bit too!

As a tractor fan and a Deere & Co. investor, I approve of your purchase.
As a 3 time Deere owner, I'll never buy another piece of deere equipment until they get rid of the plastic bodywork. I've always stored
all of my equipment indoors and the bodywork cracks, and breaks after 10 years, regardless of UV exposure. Mechanically everything
has been fabulous but the bodywork is total garbage. Give me metal that I can repair and repaint if needed.

As a 3 time Deere owner, I'll never buy another piece of deere equipment until they get rid of the plastic bodywork. I've always stored
all of my equipment indoors and the bodywork cracks, and breaks after 10 years, regardless of UV exposure. Mechanically everything
has been fabulous but the bodywork is total garbage. Give me metal that I can repair and repaint if needed.
That's interesting, neighbor has a 6 series that is 10 or more years old and still looks new. It sits outside 24/7. Mine gets washed regularly but stays inside other than that. When my shop is done eventually it will have it's own climate controlled bay.

That's interesting, neighbor has a 6 series that is 10 or more years old and still looks new. It sits outside 24/7. Mine gets washed regularly but stays inside other than that. When my shop is done eventually it will have it's own climate controlled bay.
I guess if you only mow grass in open fields thats possible, but get it around tree work and bump it and it'll crack.

I guess if you only mow grass in open fields thats possible, but get it around tree work and bump it and it'll crack.
Don’t run into stuff and your hood won’t crack… 🤷‍♂️ The hood on my 2002 JD LT150 is faded but otherwise in good shape.

Just my $0.02

I thought it was just me; my friends X320 cowling cracked to bits in places it could not be easily epoxied. Probably my only complaint about the thing. I mowed 3 summers with no engine cover until she couldn't stand looking @ it anymore; the replacement was around $400-$500.

I thought it was just me; my friends X320 cowling cracked to bits in places it could not be easily epoxied. Probably my only complaint about the thing. I mowed 3 summers with no engine cover until she couldn't stand looking @ it anymore; the replacement was around $400-$500.
Fiberglass is the best way to repair it that I have found. But every piece of my cowl on the 4310, that has the little fold down clips thru tabs, the tabs have broken off of, just due to age. Never bumped, never exposed to UV. The dealer cracked the steering wheel surround doing a computer replacement.

Bring your LT150 to my 160 wooded acres and clear downed pines, and you'll see how long that plastic crap lasts.
Simple case of wrong tool for the job. Sounds like you’re upset with Deere and your hood breaking when you’re using a tractor where a bull dozer should be. All my stuff is in good shape because I take the Cat 941B and the skidsteer into the rough stuff because that’s what they’re made for. I totally understand that not everyone has that kind of equipment at their disposal but that’s not Deere’s fault or your hood’s fault.

Simple case of wrong tool for the job. Sounds like you’re upset with Deere and your hood breaking when you’re using a tractor where a bull dozer should be. All my stuff is in good shape because I take the Cat 941B and the skidsteer into the rough stuff because that’s what they’re made for. I totally understand that not everyone has that kind of equipment at their disposal but that’s not Deere’s fault or your hood’s fault.
I can’t imagine taking a piece of equipment through a woods whiling damaging the body panels.

If it’s that bad, hopefully low laying filters and hydraulic lines don’t get taken out in the process.

I’m not a fan of the plastic hoods either, but I’ve seen some pretty abused JD’s with hoods still in tact. I’m guessing the sun kills them more than anything. Kubota orange doesn’t like sun either so I feel the pain.

I can’t imagine taking a piece of equipment through a woods whiling damaging the body panels.

If it’s that bad, hopefully low laying filters and hydraulic lines don’t get taken out in the process.

I’m not a fan of the plastic hoods either, but I’ve seen some pretty abused JD’s with hoods still in tact. I’m guessing the sun kills them more than anything. Kubota orange doesn’t like sun either so I feel the pain.
Yeah I don't think anyone willingly bashes their equipment off trees, but sometimes working in the woods you inevitably encounter branches, etc. As a teenager I spent hours on a 1988 John Deere 510C backhoe clearing land on the farm I worked on. I'm a cautious operator, but when doing that kind of work you are bound to encounter something that makes it past the loader arms or a log that pops up when you drive over it. It is why most equipment used in that environment (skidders, etc) have a significant amount of skid plates underneath.

Back