New Hyundai coolant?

I think it is more aligned with Japanese manufacturers coolant now. Hyundai generally designs a good cooling system for their cars and don’t have widespread cooling system issues regardless of which coolant is used.

There is a new Hyundai blue coolant that is non-conductive for EVs starting 2020. It has a four year replacement interval and is apparently quite expensive. Thankfully mine just uses the normal green stuff.

Hyundai has a few different coolants in use. For the past several years the Hyundai 10 year coolant has been colored blue from the factory. Buy a jug of the 10 year long life coolant at your Hyundai dealer and it’s dyed green. Hyundai now has a reddish colored coolant they’ve been using in some models for going on two years. Hyundai cooling systems are not picky about what goes in them.

I have read the "Asian" formulas are the ones to use... but...but.... I have since chosen PEAK 10x as my coolant for my three vehicles. (two of which are KIA/Hyundai)

IF Hyundai is this ambiguous, then I wouldn't worry... They obviously don't care to be very specific, and I figured...why am I so worried if they aren't?

It's just crazy these days with all these coolant options. PEAK 10X solved this for me.

Hyundai has a few different coolants in use. For the past several years the Hyundai 10 year coolant has been colored blue from the factory. Buy a jug of the 10 year long life coolant at your Hyundai dealer and it’s dyed green. Hyundai now has a reddish colored coolant they’ve been using in some models for going on two years. Hyundai cooling systems are not picky about what goes in them.
I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering where the source is for this claim on 10 years? I have a 2011 which came with blue coolant and indeed the dealership stuff is green. there's no recommended interval listed on the coolant bottle but the manual says every 2 years (which is annoyingly short).

Hyundai/Kia no longer sell the green coolant.

Does anyone know if the new pink is compatible with the green?

I would hazard guess no, but unsure really?

My local Hyundai/Kia still sells their green engine coolant.

Nothing ambiguous concerning Hyundai/Kia coolant. Just read the owners manual.
Colors don't need to be match for gasser engine coolant. Tech does.
If yours is a hybrid or electric, read the FSM and bulletins.

Peak, Zerex, OEM/Recochem, Ravenol, Pentosin, BeckArnley, Prestone.... have plenty of choices for the majority of vehicles that don't use unobtainium hybrid/electric battery/motor coolants.

I just got green concentrate coolant from a dealer recently. There's no mention of service interval or anything, so I guess I have to stick with the owner's manual recommendation of 2 years which is super short. Not a fan of their ambiguous coolant specs.

Far to few coolants on the market and none of them work properly. We need at least a dozen more. And you'll need a friggin' X-Rite to decide which one to use.

I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering where the source is for this claim on 10 years? I have a 2011 which came with blue coolant and indeed the dealership stuff is green. there's no recommended interval listed on the coolant bottle but the manual says every 2 years (which is annoyingly short).
Which model from 2011 specifies every 2 years

I see now you are from Canada. Should that make a difference?

I just got green concentrate coolant from a dealer recently. There's no mention of service interval or anything, so I guess I have to stick with the owner's manual recommendation of 2 years which is super short. Not a fan of their ambiguous coolant specs.
All post 2020 Hyundai & Kia models come with the nice looking pink coolant.

For sure the difference between the green and red is more than just the colour?

Back