New Gumout Regane Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw them at Wallys last night. They are now 6 Oz "shots" instead of 12 Oz bottles. The package claims 2X concentrated and is equivalent to the old 12 Oz bottle.

I remember someone cited the original Regane was 50% PEA. So one can assume now it is a full shot of PEA now?
thumbsup2.gif

nyc still has the 12 oz bottles, havent seen the smaller ones here yet, but during christmas, i went to east stroudsburg PA and they only have the smaller concentrate. i think they are saving money on packaging.. same great product, though!

A similar downsizing occurred with many laundry soaps.
People felt they were getting ripped off with less product, but they weren't.

Not even Gumout's website shows the 6 Oz bottles, and I have not seen it outside of Wally here. I wonder if this was done due to Wally's demand?

Did you see the 6 Oz in Wally?

I am pretty sure there was a thread on this subject earlier. Eh, I know I saw it somewhere awhile ago but cannot find it.

Last edited:
Haven't noticed any difference between the two, except that more fits on the shelf now.

Originally Posted By: Jonny Z

I remember someone cited the original Regane was 50% PEA. So one can assume now it is a full shot of PEA now?
thumbsup2.gif

I don't think Regane was ever 50% PEA, it was more like 35-40%, so cutting the carrier oils should not change the total PEA content.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jax_RX8

thumbsup2.gif

I don't think Regane was ever 50% PEA, it was more like 35-40%, so cutting the carrier oils should not change the total PEA content.

Yep,....As far as I can remember the PEA percentage in Regane is listed (on older bottles ) at 35-40%.
Red line may have a bit more but you really pay for it!

One of these days when I have the time I am going to call Gumout and ask about the current PEA percentage.

Last edited:
I bought one of these bottles several weeks ago. I used one in my truck but, as some of you know I don't drive it much, so I'm still waiting to calculate MPG from this tank. It might be another few weeks yet. This is my first time trying a fuel cleaner other than MMO.

Mike

Does the new packaging have the pull tab for the foil seal so you do not have to use your keys or a knife?

The old Gumout did and Chevron doesn't. No big deal but enough to be annoying, also makes me paranoid about dropping a piece of broken seal in there.

I figured it out!

You know how Gumout's marketing and advertising has been aimed at Lucas as of late?

Well, what does the smaller Regane package look like now?

Lucas UCL? Yeah.

Mike

Does the new packaging have the pull tab for the foil seal so you do not have to use your keys or a knife?

I recently purchased a bottle of the all-on-one fuel system cleaner with the smaller packaging. The new bottle had the pull tab that made it a lot easier to open. The all in one also said on the package that a friction modifier was added to help improve gas mileage.

Also, the previous poster is probably right about competing with Lucas. The bottles look strangely familiar :p

Originally Posted By: Jaykim81
Mike

I recently purchased a bottle of the all-on-one fuel system cleaner with the smaller packaging. The new bottle had the pull tab that made it a lot easier to open. The all in one also said on the package that a friction modifier was added to help improve gas mileage.

Also, the previous poster is probably right about competing with Lucas. The bottles look strangely familiar :p

Someone beat me to it!
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back