New front brakes and splash shields on my Scion…

Highboy

Site Donor 2022
IMG_9820.jpeg
IMG_9821.jpeg
IMG_9824.jpeg
IMG_9825.jpeg

This was a bigger job than I expected. Passenger side, lower pin was completely froze up and rusted. New splash guards, rotors, pads and hardware were installed.

Very nice! Are these OE?

I spray painted my on my last break job but they were not as rusty.

View attachment 220825View attachment 220826View attachment 220827View attachment 220828
This was a bigger job than I expected. Passenger side, lower pin was completely froze up and rusted. New splash guards, rotors, pads and hardware were installed.
Try freeze off in the future. I worked summers for a guy building and maintaining race cars. Tgis stuff works wonders. Years ago my cousin stopped in town and needed brake work done on his 350z. Freeze off bubbled an wicked its way into the rusted fasteners and made removal much easier.

I just had a lady over two days ago because her rock catchers, well, caught a rock. Sure makes purty noises when that happens. In this arid climate they cause more problems than they solve.

Wow definitely a northern car. Spray some rust prevention if you intend to keep this car long!
It’s a 2006 with 185000 miles. We got this car for my daughter to drive in 2009. It had 28000 miles then. That car doesn’t owe me anything. It has been a great car. I use it for a work car, putting on about 225 miles a week. The grey car in the photo is 2008. The 2006 is the silver one.
IMG_4392.jpeg

What was it like getting the tiny fasteners out? My Camry has this coming up and I'm dreading the last part as they look like little rusty nubs.

What was it like getting the tiny fasteners out? My Camry has this coming up and I'm dreading the last part as they look like little rusty nubs.
I ended up clamping the bolt with a vise grip and lightly tapping on it after I sprayed it down with some penetrating oil.

Back