New fridge on order

Kinda on a side note I just bought Hisense stainless top fridge bottom freezer mostly because I could get it right away and it was reasonably priced -$1000 out the door with extra warranty. Had it for a month now and it’s doing great. i like that it uses the outer skin as the condenser -no fan / exposed condenser to clean. The first few feet of condenser line go through the defrost pan to evaporate the water. That tray is all that needs to be cleaned operation wise. For a cheapie it sure is quiet and holds temps nicely. How long it’ll last is anyones guess but when I bought this house it had a Hisense mini fridge in the Az room that looked old as heck but still working….we shall see.

My 1994 is still running fine (other than a water line leak but I pulled it out since I don't use water and ice feature anyways), need to replace some broken plastic draw rails but that's about it.

I buy basic GE appliances and they have been very reliable.

I get a company discount, but even if I didn’t…… I would still buy a basic GE washer, dryer, water heater , stove, microwave and refrigerator.

Last edited:
Kinda on a side note I just bought Hisense stainless top fridge bottom freezer mostly because I could get it right away and it was reasonably priced -$1000 out the door with extra warranty. Had it for a month now and it’s doing great. i like that it uses the outer skin as the condenser -no fan / exposed condenser to clean. The first few feet of condenser line go through the defrost pan to evaporate the water. That tray is all that needs to be cleaned operation wise. For a cheapie it sure is quiet and holds temps nicely. How long it’ll last is anyones guess but when I bought this house it had a Hisense mini fridge in the Az room that looked old as heck but still working….we shall see.

Hisense seems to make some pretty good stuff. My concern would be parts and service support, it seems the American brands are the only ones you can count on for that.

Back