NEW Cub Cadet X2 24” Blower 243CC

Got a new Cub Cadet X2 24” with the 243CC engine.

I’m going to de deployed for a year. I was going to do the 5hr recommended break in then put Mobil 1 EP HM 5W-30 or Royal Purple 5W-30 in it and tell her not to worry about it till I get home. Was going to do this will all the OPE. I’m leaning more towards RP because of the color would make it easy for her to check the level and go but the Mobil 1 is thicker at operating temp and has a longer drain recommendation. What day y’all?

Either oil will be fine because there won't be that many hours accrued. Mix up some stabil for the gas now or show her how to make a mixture. Myself, I store all my engines on its compression stroke. That would be easy for you to show her how to do it. Good luck to you.

i wouldn't over think this too much.. most crucial is not draining the oil after initial break-in. either is just fine RP is just overkill price wise, unless you have both on hand.

Got a new Cub Cadet X2 24” with the 243CC engine.

I’m going to de deployed for a year. I was going to do the 5hr recommended break in then put Mobil 1 EP HM 5W-30 or Royal Purple 5W-30 in it and tell her not to worry about it till I get home. Was going to do this will all the OPE. I’m leaning more towards RP because of the color would make it easy for her to check the level and go but the Mobil 1 is thicker at operating temp and has a longer drain recommendation. What day y’all?
First of all, thank you for your service.

Any synthetic 5w-30 should be fine for your snow blower. 10w-30, 5w-40 or 15w-40 might be more appropriate for the summer machines. That being said, checking the oil level before each use and topping it up with synthetic 5w-30 as necessary will also get you by.

Thanks for your support! Yeah I normally check before each use. My wife has trouble seeing fresh oil on the dipsticks of my OPE because everything is pretty new within the first 5 years of ownership and I use full synthetic every year. Usually just use QSUD. But I wanted something better that would be fine the whole time I’m gone so she wouldn’t have to worry about maintenance. Ended up buying 2 quarts of Royal Purple. That will go into the 160cc Honda Pressure washer, 160cc Honda push mower, the 243cc Cub Cadet push mower and the generator. Admittedly I take less care of the generator than I should because it was purchased super cheap and doesn’t get much use so I have gone two years between oil changes on it. I have never used RP but I have read on here the oil is actually purple so that will give the wife one less thing to worry about. Leaving her with a 5 year old and a new born so I’m doing what I can. I’m going to mix the 2 cycle fuel before I leave and get 10 gal of fuel in gas cans with satbil added as echo red armor and stabil say they are good for 2 years. I use 91 octane Shell with no ethanol so everything should make it the length of my deployment.

Back