New Continental Pure Contacts - First Impressions

I recently put on a new set of Continental Pure Contacts on my 2003 Accord V6,
my last set was Michelin Primacy MXV4'S which were very nice tires in every way ,
now discountinued.
The continentals were very well priced compared to the new Michelins replacing the MXV4's,about $200 cheaper !
anyway, so far the ride of Continentals vs Michelins feel a bit more stiff over the smaller bumps yet smooth on the road, grip in dry and wet is amazing ,both straight and on curves ,
noise is very low ,almost same as michelin , humming on concrete is more of a lower tone , Michelin seemed to have a higher pitch/tone.
have done about 3000 k on these so far .

So far im very happy,i can't wait see how they handle the white stuff ,no doubt it soon will arrive .

I have the PC's on my BMW but use them as a 3 season. They are pretty good in rain. I'm running mine with Behrn rims and bumps are rough for sure but they grip very well (at least with mine (X drive)) in the dry, and on highway are pretty darn quiet. Overall, I am very happy with mine so far. I can't quote the tread life, but I do remember wondering how the heXX it could be that high with what I believe is a medium soft compound.

Please, I'm dying to know what you find out in winter conditions. I wasn't going to try it.

I put a set of these on our '09 Forster last year.
They seem pretty good overall and had no trouble with our awful winter last year, although an AWD Subie doesn't need much help from tires to navigate winter conditions.
These tires were about twenty or twenty five dollars each less expensive than the Michelin MXV4s I also considered and I wanted to try a set of Continentals, so why not?
Not a huge improvement over the OEM Yoko Geolanders, though.
So far, so good. We'll see how they wear and hold up over time and miles.

For my next set of tires (it will be a while) I want to put Conti's on my Accord. I just like how they look.

Glad to hear you like them. Are those the Low Rolling Resistance ones? I think Conti calls it "EcoPlus Technology". I have my eyes on those for my Taurus in a few months.

I just put a set of these tires on my Sorento a few weeks ago. They go great in the rain, handle great and are a very smooth highway tire. Very much on par with Michelin MXV4.

Waiting for the Black Friday sales to pull the trigger on either the Pure Contacts or Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus for my Subaru Legacy. They seem like similar tires and are basically priced the same, just can't decide which is will provide better A/S performance in the winter months???

Prius. I have to admit that after 1500 miles or so, noise and fuel efficiency is slowly improving. First impression was very bad. I understand some people call it tread squirm.

How many miles did you get out of your MXV4's?

I have 70k on mine and will replace them next Spring/Summer. I've been leaning toward the PureContacts.

I’ve been happy with my Cooper AT3 4S tires. Have 20000 miles on them and handle well on all north jersey weather conditions. I did take a 1.5 mpg hit compared to the stock tires.

Back