New Continental ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus

Interesting. I've been eyeing these or the Michelin Pilot AS4's for my BMW. I currently have two sets of tires, one is dedicated General snows, the other is my summer Continental Extreme Contact Sports. The Contact Sports grip phenomenally in both the wet and the dry, but they just don't last long enough for the mileage I drive every year. Also, there have been a few occasions where it's unexpectedly dipped below 40*F on my commute into work and they were a bit squirrely.

These have gone on clearance here. I just picked up a set for one of my cars at almost 40% off. I have these tires on a few of our vehicles already. At this price might pick up a spare set as 2 of our vehicles use the same size tires.

I've never owned Continental tires. I like Michelin tires because in my limited experience with 2 sets (summer and all-season) they have excellent uniformity and have never required road force match mounting/balancing. My Bridgestone and Nokian (winter) tires had mediocre uniformity that could not be totally remedied with match mounting. But the OE Bridgestones were vibration free.

How are Continental tires in terms of uniformity and freedom from excess road force variation?

Reactions: hrv
I've never owned Continental tires. I like Michelin tires because in my limited experience with 2 sets (summer and all-season) they have excellent uniformity and have never required road force match mounting/balancing. My Bridgestone and Nokian (winter) tires had mediocre uniformity that could not be totally remedied with match mounting. But the OE Bridgestones were vibration free.

How are Continental tires in terms of uniformity and freedom from excess road force variation?
I never had issues with Continental.

Has anyone bought/driven on the new & improved  Plus?
Because I'm probably gonna be down for a set on the next rebate cycle
I had the previous non Plus models on my DD Camry

im curious about this too. The pictures on tire rack make it look like the sidewall is flatter with less rounded contour, which will affect NVH, OR it could just be that they mounted different sized wheel and tire for the pic.

how is the road noise on the previous version as they age? I’m also considering the Michelin crosslimate2 as the next purchase. I’m skeptical they will go anywhere near the rated mileage, but more than that there are a couple of reviews stating they get noisy around 20,000 on them.

Has anyone bought/driven on the new & improved  Plus?
Because I'm probably gonna be down for a set on the next rebate cycle
I had the previous non Plus models on my DD Camry
I have a set on the W210 Mercedes. They are fine all the way around. Drove through the Nantahala Gorge the other week and they were by no means the limiting factor during the canyon carving in a 2 ton sedan.

I have two sets now of the DWS-06 Plus and have owned the previous DWS-06...I find the newer tires have a stiffer sidewall than the older -06 tire but not as stiff as the Michelin A/S 3+ tires I replaced on one car...I think I lost a touch of directness in going from the Michelins to the Continentals on my CTS4 Sport Wagon but I gained huge in rain driving...I did get some small amount of snow driving in with them and the Cont's were good but I didn't get enough Winter/Snow time in to make that a fair determination over the Michelins

I feel that the DWS-06 Plus is an improvement over the previous DWS-06 tires I have had or driven with...

Bill

I find that BF Goodrich A/S Comp+ interesting. Considering positive (so far) experience with Advantage Sport A/T on Pikot, I might give them a chance next year on BMW.

I have two sets now of the DWS-06 Plus and have owned the previous DWS-06...I find the newer tires have a stiffer sidewall than the older -06 tire but not as stiff as the Michelin A/S 3+ tires I replaced on one car...I think I lost a touch of directness in going from the Michelins to the Continentals on my CTS4 Sport Wagon but I gained huge in rain driving...I did get some small amount of snow driving in with them and the Cont's were good but I didn't get enough Winter/Snow time in to make that a fair determination over the Michelins

I feel that the DWS-06 Plus is an improvement over the previous DWS-06 tires I have had or driven with...

Bill
That's a little concerning, because my older non Plus models were kinda at my limit of ride harshness/noise

Do they sound like a dentist drill on the highway?

But then again, maybe that's my bright idea for putting W rated tires on a 16 year old Camry

I have a set on the W210 Mercedes. They are fine all the way around. Drove through the Nantahala Gorge the other week and they were by no means the limiting factor during the canyon carving in a 2 ton sedan.
Better get it in before the road becomes clogged with rafting rigs transporting people up river.

That's a little concerning, because my older non Plus models were kinda at my limit of ride harshness/noise

Do they sound like a dentist drill on the highway?

But then again, maybe that's my bright idea for putting W rated tires on a 16 year old Camry
the stiffer sidewall just improved steering feel and handling while not affecting ride quality...the ride feels noticeably softer than the Michelins did in my CTS Sport Wagon (17" Z Rated) and softer than the run flats (and they should ;) ) also Z Rated on my CTS V-Sport...

Bill

Last edited:
Back