New car added to fleet- 98 JGC/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after fixing the hose, and refilling with fresh ATF+4 it's acutally working better now than it was before. It very, very rarely has take off TC shudder. It still occasionally slips into 2nd but much less often. I actually just got the oil changed today. I took it to wal mart but provided the oil and filter. Quaker State Defy 5W-30 and a Mopar MS-090 oil filter. It desperately needs tires that aren't completely awful though lol. Drove it in the snow today and even with Full time 4WD it's still hairy.

A 235/75 or a 30x9.50R15 will fit...and I have to very highly recommend THESE. I run them on my Cherokee, the Kedge Grip is superb. THESE are a bit more money, but would probably be quieter and mightg do better in snow.

I run 255/65R16s (same as 255/70R15) on mine and have just a hair of tire rub on the lower control arms at full lock. 245/70R16 (matches up to 245/75R15) fits about the same (ran those for my last set). If you want good year round tires, I like the Toyo Open Country A/Ts, although I haven't seen the new version yet. They're a hair noisy on pavement, although not bad. They're pretty sticky on dry pavement and do well in the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back