New BMW M 1000 RR

That is one absolutely gorgeous looking motorcycle. One I will never be able to buy because I can only own 1 bike at a time and this one isnt very multipurpose. :eek:)
212HP at 14,500 RPM ... 423 lbs Just beautiful ...

It does have cruise control, making it a great sporty touring bike. The wife and I just recently went on a 3k roadtrip. Her mostly on our '20 S 1000 RR M, and me mostly on the old hopped-up 'Busa. Our '20 S 1000 RR M is very close in spec to the new M 1000 RR. We're trying to decide if it's worth trading in for the new machine.

^^ Not only that, but we are buying street bikes, not the bikes on the track. BMW, first class well engineered sport bike for the real world.
On a budget, you can do well with a "replica" as well ... but if you have the resources (afford it) Im sure the BMW certainly is an experience to enjoy.

M stands for Motor of Death... BMW is the most furious motorcycle not to win a WSBK championship...

Reg Pridmore...I know it was only the first AMA Superbike Championship...but that's the whole world surely ?

a78744b89c4fd15b4a68bb1f5adca26b--twitter-bmw-motorcycles.jpg

^^ Expensive and exotic is relative to income or the person who owns the bike. Every product is marketed to a market segment.
Lying is unproven without proof and honestly, who checks sales figures when buying a vehicle?
Heck you cant even find out the sales figures of Indian Motorcycles and that's American made, does anyone care? No
Try to figure out sales figures for Honda motorcycles, good luck separating the 1,000,000 plus mopeds they sell but classify as motorcycles in their "sales" figures.
Just saying, not sure why people hate certain brands based on price and sales figures without any comparison of facts.

BMW is getting very expensive and somewhat exotic, they even started lying about sale figures...

If something is deemed too expensive by potential buyers, it simply won't sell. I don't think I've ever considered or cared about the sales figures of something I'm interested in buying. It doesn't matter to me if anyone else likes something, only if I like it...

^^ Expensive and exotic is relative to income or the person who owns the bike. Every product is marketed to a market segment.
Lying is unproven without proof and honestly, who checks sales figures when buying a vehicle?
Heck you cant even find out the sales figures of Indian Motorcycles and that's American made, does anyone care? No
Try to figure out sales figures for Honda motorcycles, good luck separating the 1,000,000 plus mopeds they sell but classify as motorcycles in their "sales" figures.
Just saying, not sure why people hate certain brands based on price and sales figures without any comparison of facts.

Facts: https://www.wvnstv.com/news/business/bmw-fined-18-million-for-inflating-monthly-us-sales-figures/

Here is my comparison: I purchased many cars and motorcycles over the last 20 years. I am a rational person and considered BMW many times. I compared them on paper and in person, but I never bought one because I found them too expensive vs competition every single times.

That is why they are boosting sale figures; overpriced products=lower than expected sales. BMW knows there is a problem and they are trying to hide it, sounds like a the beginning of a nice corporate cancer.

BMW products perform well but like it’s been said, the function (value) of getting down the road and doing it safely, is met in ways with other products that BMW will never do for me.

I read that article to say they had the sales, as was stated in the opening paragraph, however held back reporting them to boost months that had fewer sales. That’s fudging the numbers and illegal with respect to the SEC , however I am not sure they are suffering in sales, they changed the distribution of overall numbers. Designating cars as demos or loaners is most likely something every manufacturer does, however holding them back and not reporting when the “sales” occurred is not copacetic when wooing investors.

Remember the original Ford Taurus, it was the most popular car in America based on sales. Ford sold them to rental car companies at cheap prices and that wasn’t reflective of American choices. I believe at least half of their sales were to rental car companies. In reality the Taurus was never more than a middle of the road seller in terms of numbers. They decided they needed to make a profit and couldn’t do it anymore. Ford rode that wave for 4 or 5 years in the beginning.

Yeah, well, even though I don’t own one I can testify that BMW automobiles are truly a fantastic driving experience. My son has had a wide range of BMW automobiles as he gets on average two possibly three new ones every year plus his wife has her own.
Of course he insists I take them out on the road and to me, no matter how big or small a particular model is, you can push it hard and the car/suv handles like it’s on rails.
The paint, fit and finish is something to admire compared to anything I ever owned or see.
He points out how perfect the door, truck, hood gaps are compared to other brands and son of a gun he is right. Add to that the interior materials and oh, the paint so nice, feels substantial for lack of a better word, like American paint used to feel, to me, my new Chevy SUV paint looks great but the paint reminds me of the thinness of spray watercolor paint lol
... I’ll most likely never own one but wow, I so admire them and the experience it provides, lucky for me I’ll always be able to see and ride in new models every year 🙃

BTW - BMW is holding its own during this COVID times, this is no major scandal your posting about and will be just another corporate dusty news story in 6 months.
The largest BMW plant in the world is here in South Carolina and running full speed 24 hours a day trying to catch up for lost time and also hiring like crazy.
Another BTW = BMW largest exporter of automobiles in the USA by dollar volume.
Click below...
This is for 2018 model year, it’s even more now and still growing

Motorcycles still come from Germany and many BMW car models.

Last edited:
Back