New Beretta 92fs

I've always thought the 92 was an elegant looking gun and it fits my hand perfectly. I think part of the appeal for me is I'm one of those guys that likes seeing the mechanicals of things. I like naked sport bikes, watches with exposed works, the whole steam punk type thing and the exposed barrel and locking block, trigger bar, firing pin safety, etc of the 92 goes along with this. The fact that after about 500 or so rounds, the action becomes glass smooth is a bonus.

They’re heavy and undercapped for the modern sidearm category, but you will never find a sweeter pistol to shoot. The Military 96 is surprisingly soft too, it’s my favorite gun of all time.

I have guns from all brands, most are reliable and accurate, but none of them are dripping with mojo like the 92/96. It’s like holding/playing the perfect instrument.

Since this is a car forum : You can drive a Camry but the Lexus will get you there more comfortably. Bonus joke : The Taurus PT92 is an Avalon.
I'm not certain what you mean by "undercapped" - but my wife's 92 holds 17+1. That's good capacity, even against "modern" firearms.

Wasn't able to get to the range this weekend, but I've got four boxes of S&B and about 200 rounds of Remington umc I'm itching to blow through. The gun was pretty smooth out of the box, but it is getting even smoother with shooting.

I'm not certain what you mean by "undercapped" - but my wife's 92 holds 17+1. That's good capacity, even against "modern" firearms.

Yeah that’s exactly what I meant. Standard cap for them has been 15. Most striker fired equivalents hold more than that for a lighter gun, take a Glock 17 for instance. If I remember right, unloaded, a 92 weighs 34 oz. A G22 weighs about 25. Quite a difference there.

A stainless 92 is one of the most beautiful guns. And easier to shoot for most people due to the bigger size and weight. I prefer the Taurus version since it has the safety in the correct spot.

Great home gun. Due to the size and weight, the only thing the 92 is bad at is if you carry it. 😀

Congrats on the 92. They are very nice guns. Maybe a little "old school" but so what. I have a stainless Italian made 92 that is one of the prettiest guns I own. I keep a 96 locked in my office as a backup to my carry Ruger 380 while at work. Shoot and enjoy!

Pleased to report that I've just finished putting 200 rounds of Sellier and Bellot 9mm fmj through the Beretta with no issues. Round count is now up to 800. The gun is also not nearly as dirty as with the other brands I've tried, and the s&b is only $19 a box of fifty at my local outdoor store. I believe I've found my range ammo. I like the heck out of this pistol.

Pleased to report that I've just finished putting 200 rounds of Sellier and Bellot 9mm fmj through the Beretta with no issues. Round count is now up to 800. The gun is also not nearly as dirty as with the other brands I've tried, and the s&b is only $19 a box of fifty at my local outdoor store. I believe I've found my range ammo. I like the heck out of this pistol.
Anecdotal but I also prefer Seller & Bellot for the same reasons.

S&B seems to be pretty good in my experience too, the price is usually good. I've also found PMC to be well made, clean and fairly cheap.

The Beretta 92 design is based on the Walther P38. I have several, including an Italian made stainless steel model with an alloy frame. Also picked up a barrel and slide for 40S&W and a 22lr conversion as well.

Around 2018, factory target ammo got so cheap, it didn't pay to reload ammo. Glad I stocked up then.
Yep. Herters for $8.99 a box at Cabelas or any other flavor you want for $2-3 more. I mean why the heck not.

Bulk was probably even cheaper.

Then again, components were dirt cheap too. Wasn’t uncommon for me to get away with $0.10 a round for any popular pistol caliber. I think that’s when I went ham on projectiles and primers.

Last edited:
Back