New at Sam's Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed tonight that Sam's Club seems to have a new house brand of oil. They don't have the Certified brand anymore. The new one is called Prime series. They had 5w30 synblend, 10w30 and d/m transmission fluid. Looks to be an Amalie product. It had AOC on the bottom and looked just like Advance Auto jugs. All three options were $20 for a case of 12. Anyone else seen this? Price didnt seem to bad.

Some people will be by shortly to mention that all the Sams Clubs stores closed in their state.

Price wise... That's very good. Less than $2 a qt is hard to beat. I was happy to get Warren Distribution oil made for Federated Auto for $2.10 a qt. So... This beats that obviously.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Some people will be by shortly to mention that all the Sams Clubs stores closed in their state.

OR-they are evil because they are associated with Walmart........

Last edited:
CKN one thing people really don't like about Wally World is how poorly they pay. . .

However, other retail stores are set up in the EXACT same way. When I worked at Winn Dixie 20 yrs ago only 6 people out of 100 plus working there made decent "living" money. Store manager mde 65-70k a yr. Co manager 2nd in command made 40-48k a yr. Third person up made 30-34k a yr. Meat manager made 40k a year.

So.. Walmart is not alone in how that set up really is.

I didnt read a bottle of the engine oil. The trans fluid was the only box open and I didnt want to open one up. The box for 5w30 said it was synblend and it had the API donut. The 10w30 did not say synblend but also had the API donut. The trans fluid said what all the other Dex/Merc say. Suitable for use in older GM and Ford vehicles.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
CKN one thing people really don't like about Wally World is how poorly they pay. . .

However, other retail stores are set up in the EXACT same way. When I worked at Winn Dixie 20 yrs ago only 6 people out of 100 plus working there made decent "living" money. Store manager mde 65-70k a yr. Co manager 2nd in command made 40-48k a yr. Third person up made 30-34k a yr. Meat manager made 40k a year.

So.. Walmart is not alone in how that set up really is.

True...Walmart isn't alone. It's just "fashionable" in some circles to be a "Walmart Hater".

I just bought a case of this. I still had a couple quarts of the Certified in the garage so I compared the labels. Certified states it is made by Warren Oil Co., Prime does not identify who makes it. The interesting thing is that the bottles are constructed totally different, but the wording on the labels is almost identical. I don't know if that is a Sam's requirement or if the new oil is also made by Warren.

I can get Mobstrol cheaper with rebates but not from my local SAMs which closed which is odd considering its association with the mean but successful Walmart.

Originally Posted By: TheLawnRanger
I can get Mobstrol cheaper with rebates but not from my local SAMs which closed which is odd considering its association with the mean but successful Walmart.

Is that stuff made in Chicago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back