New AC/Delco Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jehartley
But all AC Delco filters aren't going ecore are they? I didn't see my filter (PF 48) on the list, and I have yet to see it in the stores with the "E" at the end of the number.
21.gif

Don't rely on the lack of an E in the filter number. I have an AC Delco PF47 Ecore and a non-Ecore, both are labeled PF47, with no E.

A quick peek down the center tube is an easy way to tell the two apart. If you see the plastic ribcage, it's the Ecore design.

Originally Posted By: OilNerd
Originally Posted By: Jehartley
But all AC Delco filters aren't going ecore are they? I didn't see my filter (PF 48) on the list, and I have yet to see it in the stores with the "E" at the end of the number.
21.gif

Don't rely on the lack of an E in the filter number. I have an AC Delco PF47 Ecore and a non-Ecore, both are labeled PF47, with no E.

A quick peek down the center tube is an easy way to tell the two apart. If you see the plastic ribcage, it's the Ecore design.

Thanks.

They may or may not still list a PF48. Last I looked, there was a mixture of Ecores and conventional filters on the AC shelf. The PF48 may still continue to be available in the old design.

Originally Posted By: labman
The PF48 may still continue to be available in the old design.

I am sure that is true I just was hoping it would be also available with the new media i.e. an e-core ie PF48E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back