New 55” Bravia A80J Oled :)

Really happy to get a new sony Bravia 55” oled as my last was 40” Bravia and built in 2010. The picture is magnitudes better although inbuilt sound is mediocre.

I had to buy a $150 Polk soundbar / sub so my wife(has slight hearing impairment) could hear dialog as she was blasting TV. Much lower volume with dialogue boost and actually full sound now .

Disney and Amazon offer 4k which looks great.

Color me jealous! Congrats on the purchase. I picked up a 55" Hisense U6GR on a flash sale this past weekend, my first foray into Dolby Vision. While it's no OLED... it sure blows my deceased 2014 Vizio P-Series out of the water. The P-Series at the time was the top model from Vizio, and it served me very well.

Really happy to get a new sony Bravia 55” oled as my last was 40” Bravia and built in 2010. The picture is magnitudes better although inbuilt sound is mediocre.

I had to buy a $150 Polk soundbar / sub so my wife(has slight hearing impairment) could hear dialog as she was blasting TV. Much lower volume with dialogue boost and actually full sound now .

Disney and Amazon offer 4k which looks great.
We've been pretty happy with our 75". Like you, we don't use the built-in sound, I have it hooked up to my living room system. We've had to reboot it once due to some funky artifacts (that went away after the reboot) but other than that, it's been problem-free!

Really happy to get a new sony Bravia 55” oled as my last was 40” Bravia and built in 2010.
Enjoy it! I've had my 55" A80J since July. Incredible picture quality, best TV I've owned. It does have minor issues, though.

Sometimes, HDMI inputs display "no input" even when connected device is on. Unplugging HDMI cable and plugging it back in seems to be the only solution.

The Android SW has some bugs. 3 times so far, the TV completely froze, no response to remote. Had to unplug it.

ATSC 3.0 Nextgen tuner is really slow.

Back