New 2-post lift on order

I looked and looked for this pic but I can't find it any more. At the dealership my son used to work at they had a 90 1/2 ton on a 2 post and the frame broke in half right behind the cab. It was a hideous pic.

[Linked Image]

It looked just like this

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Originally Posted by 02SE
My 10k Mohawk lifts my RAM dually 4wd crew cab, which with the B&W 5th wheel hitch and full auxiliary tank weighs nearly 10k lbs. The lift doesn't struggle at all. Makes fluid changes easy. I think Mohawk has a large safety margin in their ratings.

Yes, good luck with the new lift.

They are hands down the best lifts on the market, I'm certainly not arguing that point!

No worries, I wasn't trying to argue anything. I was just replying to Mattd's comment about testing his 20k lift to it's max. And letting him know that IME with the brand, it will likely lift it's rated capacity with no issue.

the overpriced Tacos-toyotas living on a reputation thats NOT as good as most think!!

Originally Posted by benjy
the overpriced Tacos-toyotas living on a reputation thats NOT as good as most think!!

Especially when the supplier, Dana Corp, makes the frames improperly, and has to pay Toyota 25 million to defray the cost of replacing frames or buying back trucks...

Well......That didn't go as planned. Had to get my deposit back from Derek Weaver, My lift was supposed to be ready on the 15th......I called & has been pushed back at least another month, Citing issues with production in China!
A phone call would have been nice, I decided not to deal with this company. My wife found a outfit out of Dallas that's a Challenger Lift dealer & is supposed to be out the end of next week to install a new Challenger LE10 for $3,400 cash upon completion sans electrical hook-up. This one is ALI certified.

I'll update with the companies/distributors contact info later.

had to look it up … Challenger lifts made in USAðŸ‘ðŸ¼
I'm down to checking toilet rebuild kits for that following the ongoing shafting
2nd option it's NA made …

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Originally Posted by nthach
That actually looks close to the Bend-Pak design and those are made in China but ALI certified. The Chinese lift on the bottom looks scary.

I've worked with several Bend-Pak lifts. Don't anything bad to say about them other than the price is a little high for offshore production. But they are just as stable as a comparable Rotary!

My cousin has the same exact lift . I can now change my own oil by rolling around underneath my truck in my wheelchair.

Originally Posted by WhyMe
don't want to hijack this thread but i got a question on lift. most i see are the kind you bolt into to the floor. the other one is the built into the floor type. i see the in floor type in a lot of high end shops.

is there an advantage to either one?

https://standardus.com/rotary-two-p...ound-electric-hydraulic-r-sl210i-fa.html

In ground Air over Hydraulic lifts have been around for at least 80 years....Probably longer.

The advantage of a In Ground is......
*No obstruction of doors, Less chance of door dings.
*Cleaner look
*No Equalization Cables to maintain & adjust as the 2 posts are mechanically linked together below grade
*They are quiet, Almost silent compared to a Surface Mount.....Get four or five 2hp motor surface mount lifts humming & the locks clicking away at the same time is VERY loud
*They can't be easily damaged by running a vehicle into it (I've seen a surface mount lift get totaled by a runaway car)
*Way less chance of vehicle damage in general, Especially concerning inexperienced mechanics.
*No width restriction.

The disadvantages of a In Ground is.....
*They are twice the purchase price of a similar weight class surface mount.
*Installation is 4-6 times the cost, Making it only feasible for deep pocket New Construction.
*They can't be easily moved or sold, This is the main reason you don't see them in independent service garages, Once you install it, It's basically part of the building & belongs to the property owner if you Rent/Lease your space. Not that it would be worth removing & fixing the floor/slab regardless.
*The old ones were a environmental nightmare, They had no containment for the hydraulic fluid that would eventually leak out of the cylinders. Water/Coolant/Gasoline/Diesel would also collect/pool down in the pit!

The new ones have containment & float switched alarms for those concerns!

True story......
I worked at a shop that had 50,000 pound Rotary "Fore & Aft" in ground lift with a floating adjustable stem ram for different wheelbase trucks. It had to have steel plates that slid along a channel to cover the pit for the adjustable stem ram.
A coworker pulled a engine out of a Chevy Truck (Carburated) & didn't plug the fuel line, All @25 gallons of gasoline siphoned out of the tank & leaked into the pit. (Unbenounced to us at the time)
We pushed the truck out while waiting on some machine work & pulled another truck in for some exhaust work which required cutting some pipe with a torch.

That gas lit & blew everyone of those heavy steel plates 18 inches in the air, Throwing a 200# guy 4 or 5 feet. Lucky he didn't get killed.....He suffered a concussion, Got knocked out & burned his left arm so bad it had to be amputated at the elbow, Not from the gasoline explosion, But from the torch he had a death grip on!!!
I'm the one that ran over & killed the torch, Most gruesome thing I've ever witnessed as a mechanic. Still remember the smell anytime I think about it.

They installed it today, Still need to wire it up.

To let everyone know.....It is made in China! Nowhere does it say that on Challenger's website, But I figured as much considering the price point.
It's advertised as a 2hp, But it has a 3hp motor. Full Load Amps is 15.6 @240vac, But Challenger is calling out 24.5 Amps....I'm guessing this is start amperage @ pressure (Jogging the motor while loaded?) I have some 10/2 MC that should do okay along with a 30A breaker. I have room for one more double pole breaker in my panel, Should have went with a bigger panel.

As a side note.....Finally got my dads LT1/8L90E swapped Cutlass "bug" free & it's ready to go to the body shop, The 8L90E/TCM does not like 3.73's & short 26" tires!!! It really needs 2.73's, But finding a 2 series posi carrier for a 8.2" BOP diff is near impossible.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Other than the lift I like the spray foam insulation.

A lot of people comment about the insulation, I highly recommend it. It was sunny & 89° today & I didn't need a fan to stay comfortable!

Originally Posted by P10crew
Beautiful looking shop CLine !

Thanks brother, I almost have it the way I want it.

Back