Neutra and fuel power question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did do a search, and read till my eyes crossed. Still got a couple of questions.

I have a 2000 Ford Taurus with 56k miles. Used Auto-Rx a few thousand ago. Car has had AMSOIL or Mobil 1 since 5k miles, so didnt expect a "big" cleaning. Car still has a lot of pinging under acceleration. Wanting to add something that might help this. My other vehicle is a 2002 Toyota Tacoma with 26k miles that has had Mobil 1 every 5k since 11k miles.

1) I have read about Tim Mills. Does he have an email address?
2) How much is it per gallon (Neutra)?
3) Should I use it in both cars or just the Taurus (Tacoma doesnt seem to have any issues).
4) Who makes Fuel Power?
5) Should I use FP AND neutra or just one?
6) Where can I get FP and how much is it?

Thanks

Scooby , This is a post by MolaKule:
posted April 03, 2003 04:41 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"As a complete fuel system cleaner, the Fuel Power or PI is pretty good. Fuel power will also give you an increase in mileage for most vehicles. If I suspect I have combustion cleaning problems such as spark knock, I willl use Neutra.

In fact, I use a formulated fuel additive as follows (per gallon) for my daily drivers:

1. 2.5 quarts Fuel Power, 1 quart Neutra, and one 4 oz. can of Outlaw. This gives you the following advantages:
a.) Cleaning of Fuel System,
b.) Cleaning of Combustion Chamber deposits,
c.) A slight increase in octane rating for marginal fuels,
d.) lubricates and plates valve seats to reduce valve recession.

The treatment rate is 1 oz. per 10 gallons."
-------------------------------------------------
Please do a serch in the additives section for "Fuel Power"

Odis Beaver is the man who makes Fuel Power & Lube Control.He is not yet a site sponser so, PM me for his phone number.

Mark

Scoob,

Tim Mills' ad is on the "Car and Truck Gas Engine Oil" page. He's a Schaeffer sales rep who sells in retail quantities and who helps pay the bills that keeps this site on the 'net.

Neutra is cheap enough that you can use it in both cars without a second thought. Periodic use in both will keep the fuel system and combustion chamber clean. You use one ounce of Neutra per gallon of fuel to clean your system.

Fuel Power is getting good reviews. I considered using Fuel Power, but I live a long distance from the source (Texas) and the shipping cost removed any advantage for me. Fuel Power is sold in gallons and Neutra is sold in 12 oz. bottles. Four bottles of Neutra will work well for you, two in each car's tank with a full tank of fuel, and the cost is very reasonable.

Ken

[ August 18, 2003, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: Ken2 ]

Ken,

Thanks for the info. From what I have read on the 240+ posts that the search resulted in was the FP is stronger, whereas Neutra is more mild. Main thing I am looking for is to get rid of the ping/ valvetrain rattle in the Taurus. Even with an occassional run of high test gas doesnt cure the ping/rattle. The car has done it since at least 10-12k miles on it.

As for the Tacoma. It turns good on regular without any ping or anything. BUT, I plan on keeping this truck a LONG time. The Taurus is getting traded in as soon as it is paid off (2 years) for an SUV or similar.

On a side note, the SUV is gonna be needed because we just found out tonight we are expecting our first child.
grin.gif

Again...thanks for the help.

Congrats Scooby! Do you know if it is a boy or girl? I bet by it's 1st birthday you will have him/her changing your SUV's oil!!!
grin.gif

No, dont know if its got a stem of not. She did the pee test last night, two of 'em. We go to the doctor Thursday.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back