Neutab N7s Pro tablets

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought our kids some cheap tablets for Christmas. And I mean "cheap":

Neutab N7s Pro on Amazon.com

Got 'em before they got gone on Amazon. I must say, I'm reasonably impressed with them, given the cost. The display will not be mistaken for a Retina display, or something from a far off (Samsung) Galaxy, but they're decent. Most impressive about it is the viewing angle. Our years-old, and also cheap for its time, Acer Iconia A100, suffered from some notably poor viewing angles on the display. Unless you were looking straight at it, the colors would wash out. But these Neutabs look great, from all angles. The 1024x600 resolution is what it is. 1024x600 is defined as WSVGA, and is somewhere between 15:9 and 16:9...so somewhat non-standard. It seems to work okay, though.

But they were 60 bucks apiece.

The tablets themselves are light in weight. Light as in "cheap", not light as in high quality materials. For their use (games, etc), this will be a positive attribute, but they don't feel terribly durable.

An annoyance I have, and this seems commonplace on many less expensive tablets, is they use a separate charging port instead of charging through the mini USB connector that they also sport. It's almost as if it's cheaper for them to do it this way because they'd have to pay some type of royalty to someone if they use the USB port for charging.

Yeah, thanks for reminding me, about the price. For 60 bucks, they seem hard to beat. They get pretty good reviews on Amazon, as do many of Neutab's products. They're, of course, made in China, and many of the marketing and instructional materials smack of poor translation. I guess that kind of stuff goes along with paying only 60 bucks for a pretty workable tablet with Android 5.1.1 on it.

I'd buy 'em again, and would recommend them to anyone looking for a cheap e-reader or tablet for their kids.

Looks like Amazon has a similar one for 50 bucks, with KitKat on it (Android 4.4).

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
An annoyance I have, and this seems commonplace on many less expensive tablets, is they use a separate charging port instead of charging through the mini USB connector that they also sport.

IMO, that's actually a good thing. You could have it plugged in to power source and charging while still having a usable USB port available for connecting peripherals.

For $60, it does sound like you get a lot of bang for the buck. I just got a Galaxy Tab S2. I love it, but I'm not sure it's 6-7 times better than this Neutab.

Amazon was selling their 7" Fire tablets for $34.99 during the Thanksgiving holiday period. I'd imagine they'll do it again around Christmas.

Originally Posted By: 69GTX
Amazon was selling their 7" Fire tablets for $34.99 during the Thanksgiving holiday period. I'd imagine they'll do it again around Christmas.

I picked one up at this price, and it's what I'm browsing the forum with right now...

nsiAJij.jpg

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Clicked on amazon link and says unavailable??

I think they're sold out of this exact model. Other Neutab models are available.

Regarding the Fire, I prefer as stock of an Android install as I can get. I understand the Fire uses an Amazon-customized version and some apps are not available on it. These are for our kids, so I don't want to have to root something or re-flash something to get what I need. Maybe I'm too quick to dismiss them, though (the Fire tablets).

IMO Amazon did monkey too much with Android in their Fire OS. And it's not the Amazon app store vs Play store that bothers me, I understand that part and can live with it, what I dislike most is the unnecessary and counterproductive user interface changes. It is unfortunate, because the hardware of their tablets and phone is very good for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back